Hibernian FC- European assault

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard it was a good trip from a couple mates. Everyone thought Maribor were the quintessential diddy mob but they were a very decent side. Tavares and iliÄiÄ in particular. Think iliÄiÄ got a move to Italy not long after playing us.

Myself included  :ph34r:. Tavares still at Maribor and Ilicic is at Fiorentina. Great players. 

Would love to go back there. Flew from Manchester to Munich day before the game and my dad's mate drove us from Munich Airport to Maribor over night. Took about 6/7 hours. 

Myself included :ph34r:. Tavares still at Maribor and Ilicic is at Fiorentina. Great players.

Would love to go back there. Flew from Manchester to Munich day before the game and my dad's mate drove us from Munich Airport to Maribor over night. Took about 6/7 hours.

Aye ilicic has done really well for himself. Hopefully we get a decent draw this time. The last two home games I was had have an aggregate of 10-2😂.

Rangers fans petition to stop Hibs from playing in Europe over the raging rampant hooliganism at Hampden

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-launch-petition-hibs-8025780#DaLOJLMvh87zeJJi.97

Reality meets sense of entitlement methinks, plus what Rangers fans did in Manchester was much much worse. Did Rangers get banned from Europe the next season?

Nah, did they not lose in the Champions League qualifiers leading ultimatey to liquidation and death? :thumsup2 :thumsup2 :thumsup2 :thumsup2

See with this team I genuinely think we could give any of those sides a very difficult game. Europe is a bonus for us. We have nothing to lose.

With this team we could knock out a dece' side then lose to Morton or Dunfermline.

A shite I couldn't give because we won the cup :thumsup2 :thumsup2

Next season is going to the most chilled season in history. :wub: :wub:

Rangers fans petition to stop Hibs from playing in Europe over the raging rampant hooliganism at Hampden

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-launch-petition-hibs-8025780#DaLOJLMvh87zeJJi.97

Reality meets sense of entitlement methinks, plus what Rangers fans did in Manchester was much much worse. Did Rangers get banned from Europe the next season?

You say this like you forget one of their glory days:

gers-kaunus.jpg

Fact for the day - Hibs have only won 1 European tie since the 1980s.

That was against Dinaburg Daugvpils (Latvia) in the Intertoto Cup R1.

Add a win over Videoton (Hungary) and it's 2 wins since the 1970s.

It's time...

Fact for the day - Hibs have only won 1 European tie since the 1980s.

That was against Dinaburg Daugvpils (Latvia) in the Intertoto Cup R1.

Add a win over Videoton (Hungary) and it's 2 wins since the 1970s.

It's time...

Dinaburg were an absolute gang

Was hammering it down at Easter road when we beat them 5-0. Can remember fletcher scoring a freekick and that's it :lol:

I fancy us to get through at least one round here depending on our result in the away leg.

Dinaburg were an absolute gang

Was hammering it down at Easter road when we beat them 5-0. Can remember fletcher scoring a freekick and that's it :lol:

I fancy us to get through at least one round here depending on our result in the away leg.

Some decent sides we could face mate. Austria Vienna, Maribor and so on.

I'm sure Shelton Martis OG made his debut in one of these games? Scored own goals every second week

Tony Mowbray signed Martis (OG) for West Brom; he played in the top tier and lasted longer than Mowbray!

I can still remember the first game of the 2009-10 Championship; he scored against Newcastle in a 1-1 draw. Mental.

Tony Mowbray signed Martis (OG) for West Brom; he played in the top tier and lasted longer than Mowbray!

I can still remember the first game of the 2009-10 Championship; he scored against Newcastle in a 1-1 draw. Mental.

My only positive memory of Shelton Martis OG was a sublime through ball he played to Chris Killen at Tannadice when we pumped them 3-0

I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere along with other goals from that season. We really did play some unbelievable football back them. There's a clip of boozy humiliating a Celtic player by slipping it past him beautifully

Archived