RECORD BREAKING - 114 Years of Hurt

But it's not actually valid in Scotland though. All that effort for nought then.

The third definition isn't valid in Scotland; the second definition, which I've been quoting, is.

Game over, "chump".

Yeah, but they relegated United and that, which is worth much more than anything trivial like a trophy

Swatting you villains down to your rightful place is just the start. You had your clear run. You achieved diddly more than the big dugs have.

It's our time to pull away, I hope you don't have a dust allergy as we leave you in it.

Let's take a look at the history of 'Dundeeing' the cup:

1910: Dundee 2 Clyde 2; Dundee 0 Clyde 0; Dundee 2 Clyde 1. Yes that's right folks - Dundee needed three attempts to avoid 'Dundeeing' their only success in the world's oldest club competition. 

1925: Celtic 2 Dundee 1. Nothing to see here; move along.

1952: Motherwell 4 Dundee 0. :lol: The 'city team' being drubbed 4-0 by a provincial outfit. Complete and utter minter. :lol:

1964: Rangers (d.) 3 Dundee 1

2002: Rangers (d.) 1 Dundee 0 - spent over £20 million to win the trophy: still failed.

106 years of hurt. :(

Inaccurate.

Dundee lost to Rangers in the 2003 final.

Inaccurate.Dundee lost to Rangers in the 2003 final.

It's not the world's oldest club competition either. Really have to wonder about the mindset of someone posting that drivel straight after such an enjoyable end to a cup final.

Stirling Albion only represented an area of Stirlingshire before 2002 and therefore spent 92 of your 106 years of hurt as a provincial club. Dundee spent all 106 years as a city club and so are supreme, unchallenged failures in their class.

Better luck next time.

57 years please. They only started business in 1945.

Mind that time when Greenock Morton were top of the Scottish Football League and then bottled it completely as Partick Thistle romped home to the title and to be the undefeated champions of the longest-running football league in Scotland, to go along with their undefeated champion status of the Tennents Sixes?

Mind how Morton then got pure cast iron relegated to the seaside leagues while Alan Archibald consolidated his side in the top flight?

Morton aren't a "provincial club". They're pub team territory.

What an actual minter.

I'm actually thinking of using this in my sig. after I get bored of shaming Elixir. A true beauty.

You're not quoting me in a forum signature, surely not? A step too far. It was all just a bit of banter, don't let it get out of hand and do anything anyone will regret now.

Mind that time when Greenock Morton were top of the Scottish Football League and then bottled it completely as Partick Thistle romped home to the title and to be the undefeated champions of the longest-running football league in Scotland, to go along with their undefeated champion status of the Tennents Sixes?

Mind how Morton then got pure cast iron relegated to the seaside leagues while Alan Archibald consolidated his side in the top flight?

Morton aren't a "provincial club". They're pub team territory.

What an actual minter.

Morton are the Lib Dems of Scottish football.

​The 'provinces' in the context of Scotland being of course the historic counties: Renfrewshire, Ayrshire, Lanarkshire etc. So yes, Morton are indeed a provincial club in Scotland as opposed to the city clubs. Of that latter group, you have just been elevated to being the biggest historical failures. 

Gutted for you. 

Provinces are actually those places outwith the capital, so Glasgow can be included..