West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sctv said:

??? Forget about ek gartcairn win for gartcairn no one else

Indeed. Wonder which team he will be supporting when you play them?!

Was very impressed with the Gartcairn red headed full back today.

Football fair scunners you at times.
Gartcairn 0-2 ek
Didn't turn up tonight , apologies to the supporters that came along tonight on our last game of the season.
First half both teams very poor but ek nicked a goal, lee Mcshane got sent off for a punch, in fairness the only bit of fight all night from us.
Second half ek slightly the better team and scored to make it two.
Scunnered to be beat tonight but in truth our season has been peppered with mistakes.
Looking forward to Davy Greig getting his own team on the park for next season to compete for the league hopefully.

Finally thanks to the fans for turning up, hope it continues to grow next season, thanks to the sponsors as without you we would be nowhere, special thanks to Jeanie, Nicola , Wendy , Derek and Johnny. Thank you

Game was that bad the only highlight for me was the EK Gaffer vaulting the fence (instead of walking 2 yards to the gate), catching his trainer on the top of the fence and landing in a heap right behind our dugout - PMSL - ripped the bottom of his trainer in doing so!  Priceless!

Great result for EK and now have promotion ever closer

It appears your words of wisdom had an element of truth in them Gartcairn Army.

A cynic may be forgiven for thinking that a much weakened Gartcairn team assisted a little.

Only 4 players who started versus Lanark featured last night. Jordan Love, your top scorer and arguably best player, not even stripped.

You guys were struggling with injuries coming to Lanark it was said, but impressively managed to draft in William Kinniburgh with 5 years all experience and another from top amateur to play that day. Not available last night?

Instead it was the poorest, and most inexperienced line up I have seen Gartcairn field all season. Coupled with a very quiet bench all evening and fans suggesting it was just a training game.....

Ok, maybe I'm the cynic but it does leave a bitter taste and certainly calls into question the integrity of last night's team selection and performance.

Congrats to EK who still turned up and did the job and who I'm now sure will go on to gain promotion on Saturday.

A cynic may be forgiven for thinking that a much weakened Gartcairn team assisted a little.

Only 4 players who started versus Lanark featured last night. Jordan Love, your top scorer and arguably best player, not even stripped.

You guys were struggling with injuries coming to Lanark it was said, but impressively managed to draft in William Kinniburgh with 5 years all experience and another from top amateur to play that day. Not available last night?

Instead it was the poorest, and most inexperienced line up I have seen Gartcairn field all season. Coupled with a very quiet bench all evening and fans suggesting it was just a training game.....

Ok, maybe I'm the cynic but it does leave a bitter taste and certainly calls into question the integrity of last night's team selection and performance.

Congrats to EK who still turned up and did the job and who I'm now sure will go on to gain promotion on Saturday.

*5 years SPL experience

1 hour ago, Yowes news said:

I'm sure our players will be delighted to know you have faith in them to help you out!

I'm sure our players will be delighted to know you have faith in them to help you out!

I mean no disrespect to Newmains, but considering all EK have to play for and recent run of results, most would tip EK to win.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be more than happy to be wrong and will be sporting Newmains colours on Saturday!

Absolutely disgraceful post, and I take exception to you calling our integrity into question, we were piss poor last night, we play for ourselves not for anyone else , Lanark East Kilbride or anyone else, for me last night there were two poor teams on show , ek took their chances , we had few.

Willie has played one game for us on a day our fifty something gaffer was on the bench, two players from the amateurs were also brought in as our 19s were in a final, last night three amateurs brought in to cover suspensions, and injuries, Barry canning an ever present was unavailable as his mrs just had a baby, bad planning I know but unfortunately the fixture guy never told us we had ek midweek when the we one was conceived.
Jordon love turned up just before half time, we could've held the ko for him right enough.
On our bench was one player coming back from injury , an amateur (who actually impressed) a 16 year old and a 15 year old.
Now for you to call into question our integrity is disgraceful, personally I'd be looking at your players performance against a weak gartcairn team who pumped you 3-1 and could've been more, heard the champagne had to be put to the side.
Now with gartcairn not going up I really couldn't give a rats arse who does but with posts like yours I really hope it's not you's.

I can assure you we will be going all out to cause an upset. I had a squad with 3 x 15-year-olds (one of which took his goal like a seasoned pro) and 2 x 16-year-olds last week  as it was a meaningless game. This week I will put out the strongest team available, our players are determined not to watch our opposition celebrate promotion in front of us. EK will be favourites by far, in fact, we have only been favourites once this season! Wonder if Gareth Halford and DD would have made us stronger for this game, strange how things work out!!

I can assure you we will be going all out to cause an upset. I had a squad with 3 x 15-year-olds (one of which took his goal like a seasoned pro) and 2 x 16-year-olds last week  as it was a meaningless game. This week I will put out the strongest team available, our players are determined not to watch our opposition celebrate promotion in front of us. EK will be favourites by far, in fact, we have only been favourites once this season! Wonder if Gareth Halford and DD would have made us stronger for this game, strange how things work out!!

No doubt Gareth and DD would make you stronger but we wouldn't be where we are had we not signed them either.

Good luck for Saturday and next season, hats off to you for the dedication and professionalism you're trying to bring to the junior game. It's to be admired. [emoji106]????

17 minutes ago, sctv said:

Absolutely disgraceful post, and I take exception to you calling our integrity into question, we were piss poor last night, we play for ourselves not for anyone else , Lanark East Kilbride or anyone else, for me last night there were two poor teams on show , ek took their chances , we had few.

Willie has played one game for us on a day our fifty something gaffer was on the bench, two players from the amateurs were also brought in as our 19s were in a final, last night three amateurs brought in to cover suspensions, and injuries, Barry canning an ever present was unavailable as his mrs just had a baby, bad planning I know but unfortunately the fixture guy never told us we had ek midweek when the we one was conceived.
Jordon love turned up just before half time, we could've held the ko for him right enough.
On our bench was one player coming back from injury , an amateur (who actually impressed) a 16 year old and a 15 year old.
Now for you to call into question our integrity is disgraceful, personally I'd be looking at your players performance against a weak gartcairn team who pumped you 3-1 and could've been more, heard the champagne had to be put to the side.
Now with gartcairn not going up I really couldn't give a rats arse who does but with posts like yours I really hope it's not you's.

Looks like your a bit upset with the post truth hurts sometimes with amount of players that have put your club shirts on no wonder people ask questions 

fair play to Ek for winning the  game they can only beat what's in front of them .

Dry your eyes and reload your cheque book and sign another 40 players for next season .

That's a terrible suggestion, the Gale was played in the right manner, I can point to the Gartcairn lad getting so fired u0 he lost the plot and got himself sent off! A few Gartcairn players played really well numbers 8, 11 and 14 were stand outs for me.
Sounds a he'll of a lot like sour grapes

To be fair to Gartcairn, they didn't give up and had more chances with 10 men than they did with 11. They coulda flung in the towel at that point and didn't. A league season shouldn't be about what other teams in the league do it should be about what your team do Yowes news! If your team don't go up then they simply weren't able to accumulate enough points to be in that position. Questioning another team is clutching at straws in my opinion, why not question why YOUR team couldn't get enough points if that ends up the case?

Archived