West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

East Kilbride 1 v 2 Gartcairn Juniors

well deserved 3 points for us tonight puts promotion in our own hands. Ashfield at home, Lanark away then home to EK in the last game and need to win all 3. Should have been 2 or 3 up tonight at half time but must say the park was very poor. Ek battled away and should have had a pen late on but if we dropped points tonight I'd have been gutted due to the performance. 5 teams still in it so very interesting to see all other games in this division. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunipace 0 LANARK 4

Good performance today. Comfortable win with a depleted squad. Goal difference improved.
Port Glasgow won so there is only one promotion place left. Gartcairn lost, whom we play next week. Our goal difference is superior to Carluke who can only match our points total now.

EK would have to win all their games and improve goal difference by 12+ to overhaul us.
We need to take care of business ourselves.

Sorry to hear that Alan Christie did his ACL in last weekend. Could be out for up to a year I am told.

It's a shame though as Carluke had played exact same amount of games but still were given midweek games while Lanark didn't.

To my reckoning, as of Saturday 1st of April, Carluke had played 2 games less than Lanark and since then have played 2 midweek fixtures. Both clubs will now complete their league campaigns on the same day.

Unavoidable catch-up surely?

How can lanark play midweek games when they only have  one game left and they are out all the cups state facts that are correct .. wee bit green cheese I think. Football is about winning games ...... so if Carluke or East Kilbride manage to pip lanark at the post then fair play to them for doing so.. one thing which is true and facts are correct your team will not be going up  ..

1 hour ago, Gartcairn Army said:

It's a shame though as Carluke had played exact same amount of games but still were given midweek games while Lanark didn't.

Factually not true, plus Carluke still in a Cup.

Wherever possible games are to be played on a Saturday. Lanark were up to date with their fixtures. Does it happen in any other league that you know of that teams who are up to date would have games scheduled differently, ONLY AT THE SEASON END, to even things up?  Illogical.

My point was Lanark played on Saturday and Carluke had a free week but played Monday Wednesday. I just thought it would have been fairer to give lananrk the midweek game and allow Carluke to play on the Saturday meaning both clubs would have played 1 midweek game.

And considering we are just into May and Lanark and Carluke only have 1 or 2 games still to play, I don't think there was any need or rush to have one club playing Saturday Monday wednesday and the other playing Saturday then Saturday. In my opinion Carluke could have played Saturday, Saturday, Saturday the same as Lanark and the season would still be over by the middle of May

Think the fixtures were arranged around who East Kilbride still had to play.

If the West Region had implemented some sort of requirement to get a game played in East Kilbride before March then there wouldn't have been so many issues at the tail end of the season.

A well deserved 3-1 victory for Gartcairn today, who were outstanding in the first half.

Disappointing that we didn't do ourselves justice after a good long league run.

Season is not over yet, and we may well still take 3rd spot in the promotion hunt.

????????

Archived