West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations to all at Glasgow Perthshire

Thanks very much I must say a big massive well done to manager Billy Adams and all the players in their deserved championship win [emoji471][emoji898]

Well done to Perthshire. By far and away the strongest squad in our division.  

Going to be interesting to see how the other 2 places pan out. I fear Gartcairn may yet have a say in the matter.

Missed my first game of the season yesterday due to holiday. Disappointing to lose 2 points to the 2nd bottom team in the league at this stage of the season. Ashfield running into some form just as we are about to play them.

Congrats to all at Glasgow Perthshire and a huge well done to Bill and Kev and the team at Newmains. Hard work will pay off I'm sure!

very interesting end to the season with Perthshire the champs and Port probably to far in front to be caught. 3rd place is up for grabs between 4 or 5 clubs and with fixtures coming thick and fast it could be very exciting

Newmains A, Eaat Kilbride A, Lanark A, East Kilbride H and Ashfield H

wirh 2 games v East Kilbride and 1 against Lanark I believe these games will have a huge say on who goes up in 3rd

2 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Congrats to all at Glasgow Perthshire and a huge well done to Bill and Kev and the team at Newmains. Hard work will pay off I'm sure!

very interesting end to the season with Perthshire the champs and Port probably to far in front to be caught. 3rd place is up for grabs between 4 or 5 clubs and with fixtures coming thick and fast it could be very exciting

Newmains A, Eaat Kilbride A, Lanark A, East Kilbride H and Ashfield H

wirh 2 games v East Kilbride and 1 against Lanark I believe these games will have a huge say on who goes up in 3rd

Pt Glasgow are 6 points ahead of us having played 2 games more. They are certainly not too far ahead to be caught. 2nd place is still very much up for grabs.

6 hours ago, bc57 said:

Pt Glasgow are 6 points ahead of us having played 2 games more. They are certainly not too far ahead to be caught. 2nd place is still very much up for grabs.

Yea but are you guys confident of winning them? In my opinion Port won't get caught

11 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Yea but are you guys confident of winning them? In my opinion Port won't get caught

I have followed Lanark for too many years to be able to predict. If Pt Glasgow lose their final game then we'd have to win 2 from 3 to overtake them so less of a challenge than say yourselves or even EK.

Having dropped 2 crucial points at RA on Saturday we will do well if we beat Ashfield away this coming week given the run of form they have been on.

5 hours ago, bc57 said:

I have followed Lanark for too many years to be able to predict. If Pt Glasgow lose their final game then we'd have to win 2 from 3 to overtake them so less of a challenge than say yourselves or even EK.

Having dropped 2 crucial points at RA on Saturday we will do well if we beat Ashfield away this coming week given the run of form they have been on.

I see what your saying mate but I fully expect Port Glasgow to beat Newmains in their final game and that's why I think they won't get caught. 

Ashfield 1 LANARK 2
We got out of jail today but our promotion hopes stay alive.

Missed an excellent chance in first minute and we were the only team in it in first 20 minutes without creating any real clear cut chances. Went one down in 26 minutes and were awful for the next 50 minutes.
Ashfield missed a few good chances created as much by our shortcomings as anything they were doing. One particularly excellent save by out keeper Gareth Halford in the first half.
Tactics bewildering in first half.
A penalty on 77 minutes converted coolly by Paul Burns changed the complexion of the game.
We scored our winner through Kieran McGurk with an absolute peach of a shot on 89 minutes. Cue celebrations!
2 very late red cards for Ashfield
4 minutes of injury time comfortably absorbed.
Promotion is won partially by winning games when not playing well.
2 games to go! Win those and we should go up but not mathematically certain at this point in time.
We will need to play a lot better to do that.

Side note. Great facilities at Ashfield. Proper ticket and extensive menu but the 2nd worst pie I've ever had after Larkhall.

Archived