West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/03/2017 at 22:05, drs said:

By my reckoning, unless I'm wrong and I frequently am! so feel free to correct me , thats the Shire 2 points from promotion after todays results.

Only 3 other teams can match their points but Dunipace still have to play East Kilbride twice so at least one of them will drop some points.

Current Points = Maximum Points

Dunipace=19=46

East Kilbride Thistle=13=52

Glasgow Perthshire=45=51

Lanark United=31=46

If Pace win both then both they and EK would still need to win every other league game to get to 46 points and whilst that could happen the odds are probably very slim, especially as EK are likely to be playing Sat, Mon, Wed, Sat, Mon, Wed for a month. If EK take anything from the Pace then that's the Shire up.

Realistically, but lets be clear at this point that its not 100% mathematically certain yet, that's the Shire up right now and with their games left being against EK and Lanark they can wrap it all up themselves with 1 win and also secure promotion with 2 draws (which will also probably win them the title).

Don't tell him pike

We do highlights and interviews but we were looking at an actual 30 minute show on a Sunday night for the juniors and the academy.

cant think of any interview that says we would win the league mate.

As for Saturday I'm sure it will be on our Facebook but Linlithgow I'm sure will cover the game

By my reckoning, unless I'm wrong and I frequently am! so feel free to correct me , thats the Shire 2 points from promotion after todays results.
Only 3 other teams can match their points but Dunipace still have to play East Kilbride twice so at least one of them will drop some points.
Dunipace=19=46
Glasgow Perthshire=45=51
Lanark United=31=46

Realistically, but lets be clear at this point that its not 100% mathematically certain yet, that's the Shire up right now and with their games left being against EK and Lanark they can wrap it all up themselves with 1 win and also secure promotion with 2 draws (which will also probably win them the title).
shire are already promoted as dunipace still to play Lanark which means 1 of those teams can't reach 46 points so would like to congratulate our guys on the great achievement hopefully we can go on now and clinch the title

6 hours ago, the shire said:
On 11/03/2017 at 22:05, drs said:

Dunipace=19=46
Glasgow Perthshire=45=51
Lanark United=31=46

shire are already promoted as dunipace still to play Lanark which means 1 of those teams can't reach 46 points so would like to congratulate our guys on the great achievement hopefully we can go on now and clinch the title

That sounds logical, therefore congratulations to Glasgow Perthshire. First team of all the divisions to be promoted this season?

I wasn't convinced by any of the teams who got promoted last season but have to say Perthshire do look a good squad

Still mathematically possible for EK to go up, and as champions at that! Big ask as they still have half their league matches still to play.

Good result for Carluke today. Keeps them well in the hunt.

On 15/03/2017 at 19:29, bc57 said:

That sounds logical, therefore congratulations to Glasgow Perthshire. First team of all the divisions to be promoted this season?

I wasn't convinced by any of the teams who got promoted last season but have to say Perthshire do look a good squad

I must qualify what I said earlier in the week as it was inaccurate and unfair what I said about the promoted teams last season as I should not have included Forth in this statement. Like Perthshire, they were the stick out team in the division.

Lanark v Perthshire will definitely be on this Saturday, despite all the rain and then snow that we have had down here in the past week. Visited the park this evening and it is in great shape.

Big game for both sides on Saturday. A home win would make it still mathematically possible for us to win the Division, unlikely as it may seem. More importantly it would help our cause considerably to gain promotion, regardless.

Archived