West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

Could some kind soul please share the latest league table as I still can't access it on the SJFA site.

I believe we have St. Ants at home on 4th Feb' but I couldn't see anything beyond next weekend.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22 January 2017 at 15:55, williebhoy said:

1zm2hqe.jpg

dgijco.jpg

Lanark at VoL on Saturday. We have identical records, other than we have scored 4 more goals.  Recall us being terrible there last season, which when the wheels started to come off after our great start.

Since start of November we have played 7, won and drawn 3 and lost once to Perthshire which is a reasonable run of form

We have to turn some of the draws into wins, particularly against those 6 other teams who are all in the mix.  Going to be an interesting few months.

2 hours ago, tambothejambo said:

Big shout out to Carluke Rovers for their win against Irvine in the Scottish Cup.

Took in the game as Forth game was called off.

Great to see Local Team achieving such a great result.

Stick in next round lads emoji122.png

Hear hear! Delighted for them, particularly Gary Gow who played a full game after a long lay off following a bad injury.

3 hours ago, ross toner said:

Would anyone have a contact / contact number for Ashfield FC at all?

Looking to see  about playing options for next season (this season a bit too early for me) and they're local to me.

Cheers

a pdf of all Junior clubs' contacts is kept up to date here :

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/sjfa/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=1832

Vale of Leven 1 LANARK 2

Lanark made hard work of beating Vale today who did not play at all well but did go in at HT 1 up thanks to some poor finishing by us.

Cameron Lawson, who was once again excellent for us scored a Wayne Rooney free kick from the side of the box which the keeper never got near.

We missed yet another penalty on 69 mins which I suspect was poetic justice as I don;t think it was handball on the line, for which the guy got a red. We did not take full advantage of the extra man on a large park but did score another good goal on 82 minutes.  

Vale keeper had some good stops today.

We stay in 3rd with 8 games to go.

Nice pie today served by a very nice lady.  Despite the 100 mile round trip I like going to VoL, despite us not playing terribly well when I have been.

I will be surprised if any team has as poor a record as Lanark when it comes to converting penalty kicks. Our record is truly awful. I have lost count of how many we have missed this season. Previous couple of seasons was bad but this could end up being costly.

While I understand missing penalties can be costly, we've missed against Ashfield, Newmains and Vale of Leven this season and gone on to win all 3 games. The 4th penalty we missed was against Gartcairn where we scored from the rebound.

Lanark easily the better team today and difficult to judge whether Vale were poor or Lanark did the job of stopping them play.

Lots of chances created, and yeah we could've and should've scored more but I'll take a 2-1 victory in every remaining fixture this season quite happily.

1 hour ago, Yowes news said:

While I understand missing penalties can be costly, we've missed against Ashfield, Newmains and Vale of Leven this season and gone on to win all 3 games. The 4th penalty we missed was against Gartcairn where we scored from the rebound.

Lanark easily the better team today and difficult to judge whether Vale were poor or Lanark did the job of stopping them play.

Lots of chances created, and yeah we could've and should've scored more but I'll take a 2-1 victory in every remaining fixture this season quite happily.

I'm thinking we have missed more than 4. As I said, could  end up being costly. Goal difference may well be a factor so let's start improving our success rate and take the pressure off.

We are grinding out results when not playing well which is something that we have not done for many a long day so am delighted about that. We have secured a fair few points this season inside the last 10 minutes which is something that has often happened to us in the past, which is a good feeling. 

We are on a good run and need to keep it going against yet another tough competitor next weekend in the shape of St.Ants

I'm thinking we have missed more than 4. As I said, could  end up being costly. Goal difference may well be a factor so let's start improving our success rate and take the pressure off.
We are grinding out results when not playing well which is something that we have not done for many a long day so am delighted about that. We have secured a fair few points this season inside the last 10 minutes which is something that has often happened to us in the past, which is a good feeling. 
We are on a good run and need to keep it going against yet another tough competitor next weekend in the shape of St.Ants

The 5th penalty we missed was against Wishaw in a preseason friendly.

Surprisingly though, we did win our only shootout of the season scoring all 5 against Carluke!

I've been praising the Perthshire defence but just realised that only the bottom 2 teams have concede more than them! They have played the most games however, a surprising stat for the top team.

1 minute ago, Yowes news said:

The 5th penalty we missed was against Wishaw in a preseason friendly.

Surprisingly though, we did win our only shootout of the season scoring all 5 against Carluke!

Now that I recall and thought it was the start of a new dawn!

So did I, a great junior match with both teams giving their all

Well done mate deserved it after going 4-0 up in 1st half thought when we got it back to 4-3 we would get something out of the game but wasn't to be all the best for the rest of season Jamie

Archived