Gartcairn Juniors 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hugely Talented midfielder Maestro Josh Moore has put pen to paper on a new deal which will see him stay at Gartcairn until 2018 at least. A fantastic bit of business for the club to secure yet another of our brightest young talents for the long term.

19 year-old Josh is a product of our Gartcairn Under-19 team and he made his debut for the Cairn in the famous Scottish Cup Game against northern crack Shotts Hermes . He has had a very encouraging debut season, with some notable goals and he has kicked on further this season under the stewardship of the back room staff at Cairn adjusting well to the cut & thrust of Junior football , so we are delighted to secure him for the long-term.

Manager Davy Greig said, "Josh is an outstanding talent who is very highly rated at this club and now others ,and he has a very bright future at Gartcairn He must be a nightmare for defenders to play against as he's quick & very talented and I'm sure he will be a very important player for us in the run in and onwards to 2017/18 Season With the ability & application he has shown so far, we'll give him the platform to become a top midfielder in this league. Good young talent, with the right attitude, will always have the opportunity at Gartcairn , and that will be even more the case next season and Josh will be central to that."

MTC17966822_1854234591269305_22876332502873

Club Captain Kevin Ross has put pen to paper on a new deal which will see him stay at Gartcairn until 2018 . A fantastic bit of business for the club to secure the talents of arguably the the clubs most committed and indestructible player.

Kevin has been a stalwart in every game that he has played for Cairn after arriving under the previous management team he has never been seen shirking a challenge in the air or on the ground competing for every ball and marshalling his defensive colleagues both young and old and seeing every game to the end with style and commitment.

Manager Davy Greig said, Kev is a born leader and both uses his previous junior and senior footballing knowledge and ability to see himself and his team mates to success on the field with Cairn now having a mixture of youth and experience Kevin is an invaluable asset to the club and his young pears for the end of this season and the challenges of the new season ahead.

MTC58f1f638857d5_ScreenShot2017-04-15at11_29_38.thumb.png.ed50f55eeefd146a12b85d82b60b06db.png

• 2 weeks later...

1-0 victory against a very organised and stuffy Newmains.  Well done to the mains keeper for getting involved in the banter - very funny and enjoyable part of the game.  
I dont normally moan about parks as its the same for both teams and i know how hard committee men work to get a park playable but ffs that park needs a roll!  Bobble city and ruined what could have been a decent game.

1-0 victory against a very organised and stuffy Newmains.  Well done to the mains keeper for getting involved in the banter - very funny and enjoyable part of the game.  
I dont normally moan about parks as its the same for both teams and i know how hard committee men work to get a park playable but ffs that park needs a roll!  Bobble city and ruined what could have been a decent game.

Wait til you see East Kilbride's tomorrow!

1 hour ago, rtg1971 said:

Agree with the park, constantly moaning at North Lanarkshire to get it rolled but the groudsmen seem to spend more time in their van than on the park whenever they decide to turn up! It all work in progress on the park, off the park and especially the park! 

Squad is coming together well, already signed up the members of the team I'm keeping and have a few signing from other teams before assessing the usual bunch of journeyman trialists.

Enjoy playing Gartcairn good banter with their fans and wee Davie is a good pal.

Was a hard game and I'm sure teams will find it tougher to go to Newmains and get 3 points. Although we had the better chances and I think deserved to win the game, Newmains were still in it at the death and put a few good balls in late on.

Bill and the guys are doing a great job off the park and the clubhouse is looking great

EK 1 v 2 Cairn

great 3 points and well deserved. Ashfield at home on Saturday will be a tough game but the we dream is still alive and delighted to have taken 6 points from 2 very tough away games in Newmains and EK. Both parks very poor so very difficult to get the ball down but we got there

MTC

20 minutes ago, sctv said:

Can't believe people moan about our park

agreed.  Our park has been brushed this morning - the guy on the tractor was clearly being arty as he has put stripes down the park from goal to goal - looks cracking

• 2 weeks later...

Long season has came to an end tonight, bringing the curtain down on an eventful season.
The season started of well in the group cup narrowly missing out on progressing thru goal difference, the highlight was an 8-1 victory over shotts.
First game of the league saw defeat against st ants but a good few wins after that felt good, unfortunately a number of straight losses up to Christmas saw us feeling the need to replace the manager,

After a number of very good cvs and applications for the managers job we started the new year with Davie Greig in the hot seat, who also lost his first league game to the ants lol, slowly but surely a number of players were replaced, and the results started to come in, highlights were the Scottish cup replay against Hermes which we won on penalties to take us thru to the 1/4s against Linlithgow rose, we also beat Troon 4-1 in the west to take us thru to the 1/4s of that too.
Thru out the second half of the season saw us blood some of our 19s players and indeed 17s/16s players also, this bodes well for our future.
Third game from the end against Ashfield sealed our league place in division 2 for next year , deserved if truth be told.
Thanks to the fans who have supported us this season , thanks also to to wee wummin and I include Derek and Johnny there lol, thanks Jeanie, Nicola and Wendy , special thanks to our sponsors , long may you continue to help local junior football, thanks to all the players in gartcairn colours this season (well most of you) thanks to the gaffers Gerry and latterly Davy and your backroom staffs and last but not least thanks to all the teams we have came up against on our adventure this year, some I've argued with and some of not but I have respect for each one of you.

Alex McDowall
Chairman
Gartcairn Juniors

Archived