Gartcairn Juniors 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

Welcome to Duncansfield for the next round, good to have a new club visit us for the first time. I must admit that I had emailed one of our supporters in South Africa this morning to say we were probably going to be meeting Troon in the next round if we won today, how wrong can you be? Any way you will be treated with all due respect after this result.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not for 1 second decrying today's result but it states how bad a mess Troon are rather than how good Gartcairn are . The Stevenson signing thread is a bigger cover up than the JFK shooting .

I've no problem you saying Troon are in a mess but I believe we deserve massive credit for how we set out and played the game today, if your on pnb everyone has claimed we were in crisis and indeed appointed our fourth manager at the new year.

Regardless of the mess people perceive Troon are in we went down and played our game, how many divisions above us are they?

Wee bit of credit please as we have enough detractors

I've no problem you saying Troon are in a mess but I believe we deserve massive credit for how we set out and played the game today, if your on pnb everyone has claimed we were in crisis and indeed appointed our fourth manager at the new year.

Regardless of the mess people perceive Troon are in we went down and played our game, how many divisions above us are they?

Wee bit of credit please as we have enough detractors

Have seen posts about yourselves since the day you joined the juniors so I'm well informed on how your clubs affairs are .
Cannot deflect that today's result was anything but a huge shock considering the positions of both clubs & also the recent major signing at Troon .
Obviously understand this is a wonderful result for all concerned at Gartcairn but those of us looking at the bigger picture are just wondering how bad it as Troon just now

It happens in all walks of football that when a top league team loses to lower league opposition the focus goes on the higher team losing, but that would be extremely harsh on Gartcairn today.

They came down & were impeccable off the field, and when the game started they were right into us from the off. Worked their socks off, played some really good football & got a couple of really quality goals. I'm certainly not exonerating our players from criticism after today, far from it, but Gartcairn deserve all the credit for today.

Special mention to your number 7 and 9 today, looked different class and we didn't lay a glove on either all game. Very impressive from both.

Well done to Craig, Davie & all the folks from Gartcairn & good luck to them against Kilsyth.

It happens in all walks of football that when a top league team loses to lower league opposition the focus goes on the higher team losing, but that would be extremely harsh on Gartcairn today.

They came down & were impeccable off the field, and when the game started they were right into us from the off. Worked their socks off, played some really good football & got a couple of really quality goals. I'm certainly not exonerating our players from criticism after today, far from it, but Gartcairn deserve all the credit for today.

Special mention to your number 7 and 9 today, looked different class and we didn't lay a glove on either all game. Very impressive from both.

Well done to Craig, Davie & all the folks from Gartcairn & good luck to them against Kilsyth.

Whoever runs the Troon twitter page certainly didn't exonerate the team. Straight on after final whistle saying how disgusted he was in the performance. Last thing players need in that situation is their own committee digging them out

13 minutes ago, Troon Portland said:

Very much appreciated. And I'm sure Troon will bounce back. They are far to well organised not to.

Whoever runs the Troon twitter page certainly didn't exonerate the team. Straight on after final whistle saying how disgusted he was in the performance. Last thing players need in that situation is their own committee digging them out

I run our social media & my post said massive credit to Gartcairn, they outfought, outran & outplayed us for 90 minutes.

How bad we were shouldn't detract from how good Gartcairn were, and all credit to them. Hope they enjoy their night, I know I would be!

Why does everything come down to money? I'm fairly sure all clubs have different budgets and different ways off attracting players to their clubs but why is it always a negative. If someone is offered a job and to play on a Saturday why do people moan about it.

Why does everything come down to money? I'm fairly sure all clubs have different budgets and different ways off attracting players to their clubs but why is it always a negative. If someone is offered a job and to play on a Saturday why do people moan about it.

pmsl at the comments also pmsl at army with his echo :)  Great day for Gartcairn in general with our 10 year anniversary bash on the saturday night and the juniors taking a super prem scalp.  If carlsberg could do gartcairn saturdays then yesterday was on it!  Yeeeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaa

13 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Not for 1 second decrying today's result but it states how bad a mess Troon are rather than how good Gartcairn are . The Stevenson signing thread is a bigger cover up than the JFK shooting .

He definitely got shot, it was on the telly.

Well done on yesterday's result , without being disrespectful i fully expected us to be playing Troon at home in the next round , 1-4 is a terrific result down in ayrshire , i know troon aren't in the best form at the moment but it's still
Superb to go away from home an win , look forward to welcoming u to duncansfield .

Archived