Plans today?

5 minutes ago, philpy said:

You trying to say I'm a fucking duck like??

No they race thousands of rubber ducks down the river where you have taken that pic. The winning few ducks get decent prizes such as dinner at Tom Kitchins and things like that. 

Canal walks are brilliant. Don't get me wrong, I like a walk up Edinburgh city centre followed by a pint or two, but at least you're not having to avoid tourists every bloody minute or get stuck behind slow c***s taking up a whole pavement when doing the canal walk. No traffic either. Blissful.

• 2 weeks later...

Cinema with the wean this afternoon, after which he splits off for a group outing and I get to watch another film on my own!!!  :o

...of course, it's all kid's films and utter shite that's on this week  :angry:

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Cinema with the wean this afternoon, after which he splits off for a group outing and I get to watch another film on my own!!!  :o

...of course, it's all kid's films and utter shite that's on this week  :angry:

Captain Underpants was pretty good. Like Blazing Saddles for the under 10s. 

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Captain Underpants was pretty good. Like Blazing Saddles for the under 10s. 

I'll see if I can persuade the wean, but he seems dead set on...*shudder*...The Emoji Movie. I can't bring myself to go to an evening showing of a kid's film on my own. There's a word for those people.

Apparently mediocre shark movie it is  :(

14 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'll see if I can persuade the wean, but he seems dead set on...*shudder*...The Emoji Movie. I can't bring myself to go to an evening showing of a kid's film on my own. There's a word for those people.

Apparently mediocre shark movie it is  :(

Play him Robbie Collin's review... "beneath contempt".."chilled to the bone".. made him want to throw his iphone "into a ravine"

• 4 weeks later...
On 30 July 2017 at 11:40, philpy said:

Having a walk around Stockbridge market just now, lovely day. Already had a wander along the water of Leith walkway as well.2670a34aee85c74d94f5d0a978cb6e84.jpg

That's a great walk.  I was in Edinburgh this morning and would usually have done something like this, but it was just down to Ocean Terminal to build a bear then back home.

Went to Perth. Bought venison, some pies from my favourite butcher (Ann Davidson of Scone) and some of the best macarons I've ever tasted.

Braehead tonight to hopefully watch us avoid an absolute pumping at the hands of our former coach and 3 of our former players. I'm not hopeful.