Plans today?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Funnily enough we have been discussing mid life crises at work this morning, since I believe I am nailed on to have one. How HSF handles the next couple of days will be critical to your sanity IMO. Personally I hope you go away out and buy a Porsche, and a Porsche hat/jacket etc.

He's already had his mid-life crisis car! I don't know why he's bothered about it. It's only another year older. Maybe it's because I'm a long way off 40 that I don't understand. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That is PRECISELY why you don't understand!!!!

I can say this with such confidence because I loathe the fact that I am over 30, and have extrapolated this out to indicate a major fucking meltdown awaits on my 40th.

What was the car Rugger?

I'm not fussed about turning 30. Still got another 3 years though. 

A soft top BMW. 

Give it about 3 years.....

Have you not only recently turned 30? Also what age do you have to be to have a mid life crisis? I have heard of people saying they're having them when they're in their 20's.

HSF turning 30 is a piece of piss as well, no difference to being in your 20's so long as you have made the right choices in life. Although you did marry Rugster so f**k knows how it will be for you.

Yeah it's not all about age which is just a number really, I was lucky enough I lost interest in the pub and lads holidays when I was about 24 so never really felt I was missing out on anything but also never really did anything to death. Turning 30 wasn't a big deal for me as I had pretty much settled down at 27 and was content enough I suppose. Don't want to ever be 40 though that will be shit.

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm 31. I don't think its an age thing though, it's more the changes in your life. I love my family and wouldn't change it but I don't feel guilty about occasionally mourning my previous life. I love the pub, loved going on holidays with my mates etc. I do miss all that. It sometimes just feels like I wasn't ready to knock it all on the head. Obviously I do get to the pub and get nights out etc, just not in the loop as I was.

It changes for everyone though. You don't want to be the last one of the gang to settle down either, then you have the horrendous scenario of having to find younger pals or pals your age who are also too damaged to settle down. You miss what it was, but it wouldn't be the same if you'd kept going with it.