Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

You had one job yesterday :thumbsdown

We have had one job for four months. Away back to the seaside leagues for the best part of a decade again. 

Here we go Ian McCall :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We have had one job for four months. Away back to the seaside leagues for the best part of a decade again. 

Here we go Ian McCall :rolleyes:

By perennially forecasting doom does it protect you from the inevitable hurt that comes from defeat? Just curious 

Just now, young buck said:

By perennially forecasting doom does it protect you from the inevitable hurt that comes from defeat? Just curious 

I thought we would beat both Dumbarton & St Mirren so i have no idea what you are going on about tbh.  

Jermaine Jenas (as much as he is a p***k) hit the nail on the head with Sunderland last night on MOTD with that they have no identity, no dynamic about the team and it's just defend, hope and rely on Defoe scoring and not conceding. It's the same with us and Moore. No pace, no width, no hope.

That's totally relevant and our identity has been lost. Imagine that will take a long time to rebrand. Very difficult for a manager to turn that at all yet alone as quickly as a football fan might want. Take an alcoholic for example they will fall off the wagon several times on the way to recovery if at all. They need all the support they can get while this happens

19 minutes ago, young buck said:

That's totally relevant and our identity has been lost. Imagine that will take a long time to rebrand.

What a load of bollocks that is btw. It's a game revolving around 22 men kicking a ball around a bit of grass. 

The reason you're struggling is because your players are shite and your manager is clueless. All this talk of brand and identity is meaningless and totally irrelevant drivel. 

It's pretty difficult to defend McCall at the moment.

What I would say is that most ayr fans (by far from what I can gather) were pretty chuffed with all the signings. Harkins, balatoni, El alagui, mcdaid...

These looked like very good signings. At the moment they're not paying off (new ones are very new, granted - but no real positive signs).

He's delivered on the signings. It's just not coming together.

It's pretty difficult to defend McCall at the moment.

What I would say is that most ayr fans (by far from what I can gather) were pretty chuffed with all the signings. Harkins, balatoni, El alagui, mcdaid...

These looked like very good signings. At the moment they're not paying off (new ones are very new, granted - but no real positive signs).

He's delivered on the signings. It's just not coming together.

I remember the talk when Harkins signed about McCall resurrecting Harkins career by actually doing one to one fitness training with him. That is the kind of effort needed to get players like Harkins playing to their potential.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I remember the talk when Harkins signed about McCall resurrecting Harkins career by actually doing one to one fitness training with him. That is the kind of effort needed to get players like Harkins playing to their potential.

They don't seem to be working. He is fatter now than when he joined. I'd like to know what (if any) checks are in place to monitor fitness levels and things like weight. Without things like that there's no discipline.

2 hours ago, young buck said:

That's totally relevant and our identity has been lost. Imagine that will take a long time to rebrand. Very difficult for a manager to turn that at all yet alone as quickly as a football fan might want. Take an alcoholic for example they will fall off the wagon several times on the way to recovery if at all. They need all the support they can get while this happens

An addict needs to want and do it for themselves, all the support in the world means diddlysquat if they don't want it enough themselves.

The manager appears to have lost his footballing identity during his sabbatical as I remember McCall for transforming and gelling teams with pace,width and a fast counterattack, we have shown next to none of that during his tenure at Somerset.

Archived