Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Affect his career or force him to retire?

What a load of shite. I'm not surprised he's got a groin strain, he's been thrown back in after so long out it was inevitable. The good thing for us is we have Farid and McDaid available on Saturday.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was an Ayr fans turn to be the Scottish FA's guest blogger for the Scottish Cup this weekend

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1957&newsCategoryID=7&newsID=16771

He loves that story about Cutty Young, and I still laugh every time he tells it :lol:

14 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Ayr's quarter final is the only one that won't be shown on tv.

It's not a surprise, it's the least attractive tie of the 4 for most people, if it was at Somerset it would probably have shaded it over the Aberdeen tie.

What about splitting the current 'badge' into three?

Separating the top box, the saltire shield, and the scroll slightly. Presumably having a saltire in a shield isn't, in itself, prohibited.

I think this is being overly-complicated, one way or another. 

Yeah like itzdrk says we've got carte Blanche now

Pick one of the Ayr flags for it

One love

keep the faith

somerset raggazzi

or my favourite the pirate skull.

OR

the bodog bird with her wallopers out but have it on the arm like an Amy winehouse tattoo.

19 hours ago, Joma Boo said:

Presumably having a saltire in a shield isn't, in itself, prohibited.

That's exactly what's prohibited. Any ENCLOSED shape can be heraldic. Open it up and that's not heraldic. For example by removing the shield (like El Gringo's) or breaking the edge up to have gaps in outline.

I have a few ideas about how to change Graham L's design so it passes but I don't want to post them without hearing from him. 

1 hour ago, DashedLines said:

That's exactly what's prohibited. Any ENCLOSED shape can be heraldic. Open it up and that's not heraldic. For example by removing the shield (like El Gringo's) or breaking the edge up to have gaps in outline.

I have a few ideas about how to change Graham L's design so it passes but I don't want to post them without hearing from him. 

You might have misunderstood what I meant:

By splitting the badge into three, the saltire would simply be a saltire. The box above would be lifted and separated from what could simply be considered to represent the fact we are a Scottish club. The scroll would drop down and, again, simply contain the name of the club. 

The overall form would not be enclosed.

21 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Pointless being forced to spend a bit of cash to have essentially what you already did IMO.  Better to get something totally new. 

Why? What's the point in changing anything more than you have to? Especially for this nonsense. We shouldn't be considering any more than removing the black outline, so there's no enclosed shield, then the badge actually remains exactly the same. The club is massively over-complicating this.

Just now, Joma Boo said:

Why? What's the point in changing anything more than you have to? Especially for this nonsense. We shouldn't be considering any more than removing the black outline, so there's no enclosed shield, then the badge actually remains exactly the same. The club is massively over-complicating this.

Great opportunity to rebrand.  Turn a negative into a positive. 

Desparately clinging on is needless 

Archived