Ayr United, What now 2016/17

If we fail to bring anyone in and go down I'm pretty much done with this shit. Certainly won't even contemplate buying a season next year if we throw away our chance of being in a half decent league by playing the first half of the season without a decent recognised striker and second half with one half fit injury prone striker. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If we fail to bring anyone in and go down I'm pretty much done with this shit. Certainly won't even contemplate buying a season next year if we throw away our chance of being in a half decent league by playing the first half of the season without a decent recognised striker and second half with one half fit injury prone striker. 

pretty much my thoughts

Dumbarton have signed 7 in this window and Ayr have signed what, none?

Ayr are a badly run club. They have no idea how to run full-time when clubs like Livi, Airdrie, Morton, Raith and QotS and previously Hamilton have done it at this level or less, but never mind that they are being outmuscled by Dumbarton. Theres more to it than living with your means when that is happening, that just strikes me as total penny pinching. Owner should sell up, even if its to a possible chancer as they might at least spend money as under him you will go nowhere anyway.

3 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

McCrorie was pretty poor at league 1 level, so not sure why we're that bothered.  We had no width or pace last season either and he struggled to hold down a place in the team.

We had pace and width for the first time when McCrorie played out wide. He had a couple of poor games but to say he was poor is utter nonsense. 

Who the hell apart from a die hard fan wae daft money to throw away would buy ayr utd ...... no c**t .40 year of badly run shite .....were a huge town with a huge catchment area yet dingwall aka ross county are miles ahead of us ....is it not sizes wae maybole ......???

Ayr are a badly run club. They have no idea how to run full-time when clubs like Livi, Airdrie, Morton, Raith and QotS and previously Hamilton have done it at this level or less, but never mind that they are being outmuscled by Dumbarton. Theres more to it than living with your means when that is happening, that just strikes me as total penny pinching. Owner should sell up, even if its to a possible chancer as they might at least spend money as under him you will go nowhere anyway.

Are you trying to suggest we live outwith our means?

If so then you are mistaken. Aitken spent the first 3 months of the season complaining about how much we've cut our budget after a slight overspend last season.

24 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

That's a preposterous thing to say. I'd far rather have a DFC in Ayr's position (I mean signing no one) than one Livingstoning money AOTS, and tumbling into financial turmoil every few years.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Are you trying to suggest we live outwith our means?

If so then you are mistaken. Aitken spent the first 3 months of the season complaining about how much we've cut our budget after a slight overspend last season.

More so pointing out that Ayr underspend. 

Thing I don't get is that the chairman has gone so far, backed the manager, but seems to have put the brakes on severely all of a sudden.

I might be looking into it wrong, but looks that way to me.

Seems such a waste to have got Harkins and Balamory to then not bother with a forward of any note.

The chairman seems to have been more engaging this season too, which again seems such a waste.

There is a growing undercurrent that is just about bursting to the surface over the lack of activity in the transfer window.

13 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Thing I don't get is that the chairman has gone so far, backed the manager, but seems to have put the brakes on severely all of a sudden.

I might be looking into it wrong, but looks that way to me.

Seems such a waste to have got Harkins and Balamory to then not bother with a forward of any note.

The chairman seems to have been more engaging this season too, which again seems such a waste.

There is a growing undercurrent that is just about bursting to the surface over the lack of activity in the transfer window.

Personally don't think it is the chairman but ultimately we don't know.

At the start of the season we had Nisbet, Thomas and O'Connell. McKenna has come in, which is a ludicrous use of some of this money. However there must still be some left. We have also missed out on several strikers, while appear to not have bothered about others so the money is there for additions.

I think overall the support, from what I hear on the north terrace, has been relatively patient. However than started to change against Queens Park. If we start poorly on Saturday then I think it will start to turn sour. 

Archived