Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With St Mirren signing another striker do you reckon there's any chance that John Sutton could be on the way out.

McCall did want him without a doubt in the summer so i wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to get him in now.

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

With St Mirren signing another striker do you reckon there's any chance that John Sutton could be on the way out.

McCall did want him without a doubt in the summer so i wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to get him in now.

No chance whatsoever. Sutton is probably the last player on our books that I could envisage leaving. He's still our first choice striker and will start almost every week. and he still has 18 months left. More chance of Clarkson leaving but I would imagine it'd be for a side currently in league 1.

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Thats what makes it more depressing - that Loy and Smith have gone to St Mirren and one of them will probably sit on the bench most weeks, rather than come to us for a guaranteed start every week

Money talks...

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Forwards signed by Championship sides in this window:

Dumbarton - Lewis Vaughan, Christian Nade
Dundee Utd - Thomas Mikkelsen
Dunfermline - none, but already have 4
Falkirk - none, but already have 6
Hibs - none, but already have 6
Morton - Lawrence Shankland
Queen of the South - none, but already have 4
Raith - Ryan Hardie, Ryan Stevenson
St Mirren - Rory Loy, Cammy Smith

Ayr - none, but already have, eh, 1.

Massive five days ahead for McCall. Messing up this window will surely relegate you.

Definately going down regardless of if he convinces someone to join.  Too many problems to sort with almost no money to do it. 

Definately going down regardless of if he convinces someone to join.  Too many problems to sort with almost no money to do it. 

No need for the depression in here.

Aye we need a striker but McCall is not stupid. There's clearly reasons for the lack of signings.

But even without any additions, we have a fighting chance. We've shown we can defend well in this league and if we can nick a game or two the confidence will come back.

This is nowhere near over. It's not ideal, but we'll fight on regardless.

27 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Thats what makes it more depressing - that Loy and Smith have gone to St Mirren and one of them will probably sit on the bench most weeks, rather than come to us for a guaranteed start every week

Nah both will be playing most weeks I'd imagine.

McAllister has just been sold to Derby so Cammy Smith is his direct replacement, Loy will be pairing up with Sutton. 

Must admit I we know the feeling you guys are going through. In our relegation from the top flight Ross County and Motherwell splashed the cash that we just didn't have ( not that we are overspending in this current window).

Must be tough for Ayr to try and convince players to sign for them when you's are P/T and not only that but behind Dumbarton in the pecking order (no offence but Dumbarton have been superb in the last 4-5 years). 

You's do appear to be giving us faint hope and these signings are like a shot in the arm for us but it doesn't guarantee we will catch yous. I have a bad feeling McCall has a couple of huge signings to come before the window closes.

Craig Reid is training with us, why the feck are we trying to sign a defender, are we going to long-ball it upfront to him or something. 

Or is this a long term signing with a replacement for Devlin in mind. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Craig Reid is training with us, why the feck are we trying to sign a defender, are we going to long-ball it upfront to him or something. 

Or is this a long term signing with a replacement for Devlin in mind. 

Second option. 

Archived