Ayr United, What now 2016/17

The directors have nothing to do with team selection or what players are signed.

Of course they do. McCall has already lost out to players in the last few weeks due to them going to rival clubs in our division as they were offered more money and full time football.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ftk said:

We probably have the lowest budget and are one of only 2 part time teams in the league. If we manage to stay up this season he will have done very well in my book.

Dumbarton have a lower budget than us. 

When you've got 30,40,50 year fans stopping going you should do everything to change your ways, we sat back year after year after year and just let them go with the "it's ma baw, if you don't like it f**k off" attitude for years.

4 minutes ago, ftk said:

We probably have the lowest budget and are one of only 2 part time teams in the league. If we manage to stay up this season he will have done very well in my book.

He's maybe trying to show some ambition but McCall is probably putting more pressure on himself and the team with comments after games that in his opinion we're better than 8th. Am sure everyone on here would be quite happy with being 8th at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

He's maybe trying to show some ambition but McCall is probably putting more pressure on himself and the team with comments after games that in his opinion we're better than 8th. Am sure everyone on here would be quite happy with being 8th at the end of the season.

We'll be happy with 9th at the moment.

9 minutes ago, ftk said:

Of course they do. McCall has already lost out to players in the last few weeks due to them going to rival clubs in our division as they were offered more money and full time football.

McCall had a budget. He has wasted parts of it. Thomas, O'Connell, Nisbet all not good enough. Rose apparently now a central midfielder even though we have an entire team of them. If we include him we have EIGHT players who are naturally central midfielders, fucking mental. 

New deal for Donald. 

Keeping McKenna when we have plenty of cover there and are desperately in need of forward players. 

Our board need at least 2 on it that are not of the same mindset as Lachlan and it needs a Lachlan that listens to those 2 as well. 

A board comprised of like-minded and/or yes men is not a recipe for success IMO.

McCall had a budget. He has wasted parts of it. Thomas, O'Connell, Nisbet all not good enough. Rose apparently now a central midfielder even though we have an entire team of them. If we include him we have EIGHT players who are central midfielders, fucking mental. 
New deal for Donald. 
Keeping McKenna when we have plenty of cover there and are desperately in need of forward players. 

McCall isn't perfect and im sure he would admit he's made mistakes along the way. When you look at the bigger picture though he has improved us a lot in 2 years and if we are playing championship football again next season I'll be happy.

2 minutes ago, ftk said:

McCall isn't perfect and im sure he would admit he's made mistakes along the way. When you look at the bigger picture though he has improved us a lot in 2 years and if we are playing championship football again next season I'll be happy.

Don't disagree, however if we aren't playing championship football then McCall is no better than Reid. 

The problem is if we aren't here next season, a thousand will be a big crowd.

Too many overlooked our shortcomings when we were getting results, IMO the time to put your head above the parapet is when you're doing well rather than waiting until it's a disaster.

Don't disagree, however if we aren't playing championship football then McCall is no better than Reid. 

Would be a major set back if we went down but I would personally stick with McCall. Can't think of anyone better to take over.

Just now, ftk said:

Would be a major set back if we went down but I would personally stick with McCall. Can't think of anyone better to take over.

He should get Reid in to find him players.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McCall had a budget. He has wasted parts of it. Thomas, O'Connell, Nisbet all not good enough. Rose apparently now a central midfielder even though we have an entire team of them. If we include him we have EIGHT players who are naturally central midfielders, fucking mental. 

New deal for Donald. 

Donald and Crawford signed deals until May 2017 back in February 2015 so at the time I suppose McCall was looking for him to kick on. Unless he wants to leave for first team football, which is doubtful, he's here till then at least. For me it's a level too far for him although the same could be said about a couple of others.  

It was always going to be a struggle to stay up this season.

What makes it worse is that others around us were terrible up to December and probably gave us a bit of false hope that we are actually better than we really are.

McCall would just be as good as Reid if we go down but I think we will stay up, just!

The performances on the pitch are nothing to do with being part time in a mostly full time league, They have been self inflicted. No money to sign a forward when we have Doc, Adams, Cairney, Crawford, Gilmour, Wardrope, Rose, Harkins and Forrest as central players, 6 of them signed contracts in the summer. 

1 right back, 1 left winger, 1 right winger 1 forward (in Nesbit goes) 1 left back and 4 center halfs. 

We signed Crawford and Forrest on long deals as they were seen as an asset yet we play them out of position to the point that half the crowd laughed when Crawford was given man of the match, They haven't developed.

There doesn't look like there is a plan to how we play other than give it to Devlin and hope someone has bothered to make a run in to the box or give it to Harkins and hope he can do something, both have had very limited success. 

Archived