Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rb123! said:

If we were to sign Goodwillie now that would get an interesting reception to say the least.....

Also the other player charged was John Robertson who played for us during the second half of the season in which McCall came in

36 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If we were to sign Goodwillie now that would get an interesting reception to say the least.....

He wouldn't be getting any reception from me, I managed to live with Lithgow but this is a whole different ball game for me.

42 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Also the other player charged was John Robertson who played for us during the second half of the season in which McCall came in

David

I do find it amazing how society has changed over the past couple of decades. We've all become little luvvies where we get offended at everything and make moral judgements on everyone, honestly it's a game of football where we can let of some steam on a Saturday afternoon. Call me old fashioned but I used to love the "banter" the "chanting" the "singing" but nowadays you're made to feel like a bloody criminal just for voicing your opinion if it happens to be an opinion that someone else doesn't like or agree with.

How have we ever let it come to this would be my question ?

I do find it amazing how society has changed over the past couple of decades. We've all become little luvvies where we get offended at everything and make moral judgements on everyone, honestly it's a game of football where we can let of some steam on a Saturday afternoon. Call me old fashioned but I used to love the "banter" the "chanting" the "singing" but nowadays you're made to feel like a bloody criminal just for voicing your opinion if it happens to be an opinion that someone else doesn't like or agree with.

What is this in reference to? David Goodwillie raping someone?

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What are you referring to here?

Yes, I remember having a barney with a couple of jobsworth stewards and the half witted polis at Cappielow a few years back. We were stuck in the main stand and the clowns were standing right in front of us so we had no option but to stand up to see, of course the minute we stood it was "sit down", "are you refusing" patter which didn't go down to well.......

Yes, I remember having a barney with a couple of jobsworth stewards and the half witted polis at Cappielow a few years back. We were stuck in the main stand and the clowns were standing right in front of us so we had no option but to stand up to see, of course the minute we stood it was "sit down", "are you refusing" patter which didn't go down to well.......

So you are referring to David Goodwillie raping someone? Or not?

What do you think Moonster ? Just the whole football "experience" has been watered right down. You get watched like a hawk, any sign of dissent is treated like a criminal offence and basically the enjoyment has been taken out the game as far as I'm concerned. All the nonsense of "banned songs", "bad words" and then other peoples perceptions of what is offensive and what's not. Honestly the whole thing is a joke. 

Please note, I'm not for one minute advocating any sort of bigotry or racism, however like many things in this country we over react and try and find problems when really there are none. Maybe we should be taking a long hard look at out administrators and our media as to how they actually govern and report and we may find that in many cases they are the ones who are the "problem"......

Archived