Ayr United, What now 2016/17

2 minutes ago, Meathead said:

I'd like to clarify that I was referring to only the people themselves and not their wealth or social status.

I'll happily join the dregs everytime a player's stealing a wage.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Ayr's crunch period of their last 6 games, which we all recognised as being like '6 cup finals' and hugely important, they have lost 4 and drawn 2, scored 4 goals and conceded 15.

All this talk about the fans seems to be distracting from the real issues surrounding this season, any part the fans played in it is miniscule.

This season has been a disaster from start to finish.

I really thought at the start of the season that this was our year to stay up a real club on the rise establishing ourselfs as a championship club ...since xmas we have been awful .hats off too Dumbarton have been in this league for 6 years now ..obviously have a good chairman board ...that knows what they are doing .clearly we dont .failure after failure year after year .

I haven't abused a player for years but there are players and managers that have deserved everything they've gotten, if they don't want to give their all they can f**k off out the door.

That's the thing though - they don't f**k off - or at least not until the end of the season. Abusing players does not help. You pay your money you can do what you please but you're definitely not supporting the team by abusing players.

But I agree, this is just fluff compared to the real problems we've had this season. Nothing we do here will help things though. It's all down to our owner and our manager. Their actions over the next couple of months will determine whether we bounce back well or crumple in a league one heap.

Changing the subject a wee bit, let's just presume that the inevitable happens and we are relegated on Saturday. How long should it be before we start hearing news regarding who's been offered a new contract and who's been released. From memory I think it's usually that same week but not sure if I'm just imaging that. 

Changing the subject a wee bit, let's just presume that the inevitable happens and we are relegated on Saturday. How long should it be before we start hearing news regarding who's been offered a new contract and who's been released. From memory I think it's usually that same week but not sure if I'm just imaging that. 

What is this 'presume' stuff? We're down, make no mistake.

You'll probably hear who hasn't been offered a new contract. But you might not hear about renewals until the players return from holiday.

Seen rumours of United signing Devlin on pre-contract, good signing?

Still much development needed defensively in terms of positioning but is brilliant going forward. Was the only bright spark from Mark Roberts last season and one of the only good things he did was sign him.

If he does sign I really hope he does well and I certainly wouldn't grudge him a move away.

So far I've heard rumours from people that say they've got a good source/or heard from Devlin's mouth, that he's away to Hearts, Hibs, Hamilton and Dundee Utd.

Same thing for Fleming who's away to Motherwell too apparently.

Still much development needed defensively in terms of positioning but is brilliant going forward. Was the only bright spark from Mark Roberts last season and one of the only good things he did was sign him.

If he does sign I really hope he does well and I certainly wouldn't grudge him a move away.

Sounds good! We've been needing a decent right back for a while. Hope though he doesn't end up like Lewis Toshney, great for a lower league team then absolute gash at a better team.

So far I've heard rumours from people that say they've got a good source/or heard from Devlin's mouth, that he's away to Hearts, Hibs, Hamilton and Dundee Utd.

Same thing for Fleming who's away to Motherwell too apparently.

Fleming is under contract though, so that would involve a fee?

2 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Seen rumours of United signing Devlin on pre-contract, good signing?

Thought he could have done better.

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Sounds good! We've been needing a decent right back for a while. Hope though he doesn't end up like Lewis Toshney, great for a lower league team then absolute gash at a better team.

He's not exactly scaling the heights heading to a playoff team next season.

Flemings great at close range shots dont think he has wat it takes in premiership though ...woeful at corners crosses etc

I'd have said the same about Craig Samson, and he seems to have carved out a decent career in the Premiership.

Archived