Ayr United, What now 2016/17

9 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Harkins will save you c***s from the drop, I'm quite confident about that.

Image result for gary harkins dfc

He's due us something to be fair. If he's saving it til the end then you'd be witnessing a bellend to legend status within in 2 games 

good luck Gary x

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't even care that much standing there watching us relegated. That's how little passion there was on the pitch.

On to next season then....

Those that will be definitely be away:

Devlin
Balatoni

I would keep:

Fleming
Meggatt (might not get a better offer)
Docherty (same as above)
Forrest
McGuffie
Moore (as back up only as we can't rely on him)
Cairney
Rose (still young and will be decent in league below)
Crawford

The rest can go, I imagine offers will be made to Adams and Gilmour though. As much as I like Adams we need to move on from him now.

10 minutes ago, Honest Lass said:

We play each other. Your maths is as bad as your eyesight. Just stop now- you're having a 'mare.

Goal difference is Ayr -28 Raith -18. Ayr F 32 A 60. Raith F 33 A 51. Unless the last game is decided over the record between the two teams this season, that would be a matter of League regulations.

A half-arsed display which sums up the half-arsed attempt that we've displayed in attempting to stay up this season.

Reading back at the beginning of this thread, the phrase 'clever loan signings' was used as we thought about how we go about the task ahead. Well, what a surprise that we managed to do the exact opposite. If you fill a team with absolutely mediocre nonsense like we did, relegation is the only possible outcome.

That was truly pitiful from Ayr.  Docherty and Fleming aside, there really isn't anyone in that side I could care less about keeping (I'm assuming Devlin and Balatoni will go).  Don't know what's happened to Moore, but I'd offer him terms and see if a full pre-season can rescue his career,. Would love to think we can offload Harkins, but I suspect his wage will be a real burden next season.  Most of all, I think it's time to move on from McCall.  The truth is we were woefully ill prepared for life in the championship and did unbearably little through the course of the season to save ourselves.  

24 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Goal difference is Ayr -28 Raith -18. Ayr F 32 A 60. Raith F 33 A 51. Unless the last game is decided over the record between the two teams this season, that would be a matter of League regulations.

It's always embarrassing when someone pops up to slag someones arithmetic when they clearly can't count themselves, wouldn't surprise me if it's someone from the club.

31 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If Ayr win 5-0 next week it'd be:

Ayr -23 F 37 A 60

Raith -23 F 33 A 56

So Ayr would finish ninth by virtue of having scored more goals.

Jesus man. I'll put you out of this misery before you dig yourself a deeper hole.

1-0 = Ayr -27 and Raith -19

2-0 = Ayr -26 and Raith -20

3-0 = Ayr -25 and Raith -21

4-0 = Ayr -24 and Raith -22

5-0 = Ayr -23 and Raith -23

6-0 = Ayr -22 and Raith -24

15 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's always embarrassing when someone pops up to slag someones arithmetic when they clearly can't count themselves, wouldn't surprise me if it's someone from the club.

You're right, I accept my mistake. Not from the club.

29 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

You're right, I accept my mistake. Not from the club.

My post was more at Honest Lass, I would have posted in a similar manner to yourself just to see who took the bait, the fact that you've admitted your error doesn't detract from hers in the slightest.

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

My post was more at Honest Lass, I would have posted in a similar manner to yourself just to see who took the bait, the fact that you've admitted your error doesn't detract from hers in the slightest.

The stats I posted were right but the mistake I made in regard to Ayr winning 6-0 next week was not putting a -1 to Raith's GD on top of Ayr's +1. But...meh. Not the worst thing that's happened today.

17 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

What was her error?

Archived