Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Don't know where this confidence for the playoffs comes from, sure Moore is back touch wood but it took us an eternity to scrape past Queens Park and Clyde do how would we fare against the likes of Alloa? I'm not sure I could take more of the Stranraer playoff type games. I know we'd still be up but geez it would be painful to watch.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Would love to see a aguero type moment on the last day 

Gary harkinnnsssss 

Oddly, I was just thinking that exact same thing a moment ago before I came on.

Just to be clear if we make playoffs is semi final the Wednesday- Saturday after the season finishes and the final is the following Wednesday-Sunday? Result depending tomorrow I want to get the days booked off work. 

Just to be clear if we make playoffs is semi final the Wednesday- Saturday after the season finishes and the final is the following Wednesday-Sunday? Result depending tomorrow I want to get the days booked off work. 

If we make the playoffs, I'll cover your shifts

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Surely that's exactly what you want?  A Raith win puts them safe and has them going into the last game against you with hee-haw to play for and keeps St Mirren within two points of you, meaning you could still stay up on the last day even if you don't beat Hibs on Saturda

I don't see it that way.  That scenario means we need to beat Hibs otherwise we could beat Raith and still go down.  I don't want to go to Kirkcaldy relying on St Mirren getting beat at Hibs.  A point for us on Saturday and a Raith defeat means our destiny is in our own hands.  Fair enough, a win for us in Saturday chucks the cat among the pigeons to an extent, but our goal difference is so bad we would still need to beat Raith even if they lose to St Mirren.  To put it another way, St Mirren have been hugely impressive recently, and I just don't see them losing their last 2 games.

My head hurts too.

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

If we make the playoffs, I'll cover your shifts

I'll hold you to that :P

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

I don't see it that way.  That scenario means we need to beat Hibs otherwise we could beat Raith and still go down.  I don't want to go to Kirkcaldy relying on St Mirren getting beat at Hibs.  A point for us on Saturday and a Raith defeat means our destiny is in our own hands.  Fair enough, a win for us in Saturday chucks the cat among the pigeons to an extent, but our goal difference is so bad we would still need to beat Raith even if they lose to St Mirren.  To put it another way, St Mirren have been hugely impressive recently, and I just don't see them losing their last 2 games.

My head hurts too.

Lets just get a win/draw tomorrow and we'll see where we are come 4:45pm.

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Tuesdays. Always gets moved

Quite a few seem to be running scared of a Hibs team which is basically their reserves (all be it decent players) and a couple of youngsters. If we're incapable of giving them a game then quite frankly we don't deserve to be in this league.

As far as I'm concerned we need to treat the Hibs match as an all or nothing situation and only afterwards should we be concerning ourselves with the various permutations and ifs buts and maybes scenarios.

At this juncture what St Mirren and Raith do to each other on Saturday is completely inconsequential.......

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

At this juncture what St Mirren and Raith do to each other on Saturday is completely inconsequential.......

But its not.  If Raith win we have a chance no matter what we do. 

Yes, but we can't influence anything in St Mirrens final game so basically we have it in our own hands to win our 2 remaining games and then we have 9th guaranteed. I certainly wouldn't be overly confident that a Hibs second string would gub St Mirren.

48 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I certainly wouldn't be overly confident that a Hibs second string would gub St Mirren.

I think it's likely that they'll play their best team on trophy day and be going for the win. Can only hope whatever team they field tomorrow doesn't give a f**k about an end of season trip to Somerset Park.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

If that's the case then a Raith win tomorrow is what we want.

No, if we get a point tomorrow and Raith win, we can beat Raith next week and still get relegated.  We'd be reliant on St Mirren losing to Hibs.  Destiny in our own hands etc.  Traipsing up to Kirkcaldy next week, winning, then still getting relegated would be an epic sickener.  

Imagine if the big farmer Jamie Adams scores the goal that keeps us up. Absolute scenes.

To be honest, imagine the scenes if anyone did.....

For ultimate scenes it would have to be a Nicky Devlin or Ross Docherty strike for me!

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Imagine if the big farmer Jamie Adams scores the goal that keeps us up. Absolute scenes.

The greatest fairytale of all time.  Big Jamie Adams smashing one in from 40 yards

Archived