Ayr United, What now 2016/17

On 4/17/2017 at 23:16, somerset_lad00 said:
13 minutes ago, ftk said:

Think the Ayr badge was fixed. The better ones on here didn't make the shortlist but the one that the ex graphic designer of the Ayr Utd programme did made the final cut. His was selected then put in with 4 other rubbish ones so he won. Fixed!

To quote someone else: "Delete your account."

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are going full-time next year wonder where we will train? Belmont isn't available during the day, maybe they are thinking of puting down an artificial pitch at Somerset?

Assuming Hibs beat Raith on Wednesday, we need then Raith to beat the Mirren on the Saturday, when we probably lose to Hibs. Mirren play Hibs last game of season and we would need to beat Raith to finish 9th and one point above the Mirren

Assuming Hibs beat Raith on Wednesday, we need then Raith to beat the Mirren on the Saturday, when we probably lose to Hibs. Mirren play Hibs last game of season and we would need to beat Raith to finish 9th and one point above the Mirren

Or St Mirren to win next week (most likely to happen), us to get a point v Hibs, then would need a win on the last day for 9th.

Think this is our best chance, but if Raith get anything midweek we are fucked.

1 hour ago, ftk said:

If we are going full-time next year wonder where we will train? Belmont isn't available during the day, maybe they are thinking of puting down an artificial pitch at Somerset?

I think an artificial surface is something that should be looked at in the near future because it would generate a lot of extra income if they hired it out everyday, plus would give us somewhere permanent to train.

However for the near future i can't see it happening.

25 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It's a game too far. We needed to win today, there's too much required now.

5 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

It's a game too far. We needed to win today, there's too much required now.

I know, but might as well have a bit of fun with what's left of the season as long as there's still a mathematical chance, enjoy what's left of our season in the championship.

Yip unless results really go for us we're now down.

I think we'll go down however we don't need results to "really" go for us.

All we need is the favourites to win, Hibs to beat Raith and St Mirren to beat Raith.

We would need four points though which is the most unlikely part.

I know, but might as well have a bit of fun with what's left of the season as long as there's still a mathematical chance, enjoy what's left of our season in the championship.

There's no fun in relegation, we weren't here for a holiday.

6 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

I was initially wondering if St.Mirren playing Raith was a good thing. I've come to the conclusion that it's not, as one or both is going to get something. We can't afford that now.

The only good outcome for Ayr in that game is a Raith win. Because of our shitty goal difference anything else means a win against Hibs is a must. personally I think we'll be relegated by Sat evening, then for Raith the week after i'd like to see as many of the young team played as possible, with Hart in goal.

Archived