Ayr United, What now 2016/17

I thought the problem with the original badge was the saltire. Is this not the case since the new one has a saltire?
Also yes I'm a Killie fan, yes I don't like Ayr but I think that law is a joke and didn't agree at all

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Bite

No. You just come across as being really thick with the vast majority of your posts and I am pointing this out to you before you embarass yourself/the rest of us decent Ayr United posters furhter. HTH

47 minutes ago, RabG1869 said:

I thought the problem with the original badge was the saltire. Is this not the case since the new one has a saltire?
Also yes I'm a Killie fan, yes I don't like Ayr but I think that law is a joke and didn't agree at all

To answer your question. We weren't allowed to have the saltire in a shield. 

43 minutes ago, RabG1869 said:

It is pretty weird, as I think a guy earlier who seemed to know about these things reckoned it was the shield, saltire and club name within the shield. He thought round shields were also prohibited.

All that's happened, in effect, is our badge has changed shape slightly. The good thing is, however, the people of Scotland will no longer mistakenly think we're 16th century land barons.

Or something.

18 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I thought it was the shield too?

A shield-shaped crest which contains a saltire and lettering is considered a coat of arms under Scots law.

New badge is decided. don't mind this one, never was too enamoured with any of them, just happy it's not the Burns one.

I reckon the badge will be open to ridicule with all those love hearts.

Think the Ayr badge competition was fixed. The better ones on here didn't make the shortlist, but the one that the ex graphic designer of the Ayr Utd programme, did make the final cut. His was selected then put in with 4 other rubbish ones so he won. Fixed!

Archived