Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't condone the idiots bringing in smoke bombs or flairs, however the threatening tone of the press release from the club is exactly what's wrong with the whole of Scottish football at the moment. Supporters are treated like potential criminals and second class citizens. Does this happen in the likes of Germany ? DOES IT HELL. Our game is dying a death as the product is poor, the product is greatly overpriced and fans in general are just taken for granted. Personally I'm becoming completely disillusioned with all aspects of our game and as for paying £60 for a North Stand ticket for the England game, yeah right, just watch me...................

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

2-0 Raith

and eh St Mirren are winning aswell, the only plus is that surprisingly Dumbarton aren't beating Dunfermline at home.

But you never know if Raith are picking up an unexpected result there's no reason we can't tonight, C'MON YOU HONEST MEN.

But i do agree with if we lose tonight we're fucked.

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

3 wins now required to survive I'd say, mission impossible

Could possibly get 2 against Morton and Raith but can't see how we're going to be Dundee United tonight or Hibs.

Just had a wee chuckle to myself at the vaguest memory of some Ayr supporter feeling that his deceasedcat was an omen for Falkirk beating us in the playoff. 

Here we are, just under a year later, and we're startingto improve again and looking set for a 25th consecutive season in the top division - while Ayr have been all but relegated from an uncharacteristically poor first division. 

Shame. 

On the Ayr Instagram

There can be no doubting the importance of our away support. Next Saturday we need that support more than ever so the directors have agreed to subsidise 5 buses with our Travel Club to give fans FREE travel to Cappielow. Details of times and how to book will be released tomorrow

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

On the Ayr Instagram

There can be no doubting the importance of our away support. Next Saturday we need that support more than ever so the directors have agreed to subsidise 5 buses with our Travel Club to give fans FREE travel to Cappielow. Details of times and how to book will be released tomorrow

Just about fell of my chair when i saw this but have to agree i think 5 is pushing it a bit.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just about fell of my chair when i saw this but have to agree i think 5 is pushing it a bit.

However i've just remembered that the racing is on next weekend aswell which has known to have an effect on our away crowd that day before, definitely a tall order but can be done.  

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

However i've just remembered that the racing is on next weekend aswell which has known to have an effect on our away crowd that day before, definitely a tall order but can be done.  

Charity concert on at the town hall in memory of Ciar with all proceeds going to SAMH so would imagine loads of regular travellers won't be going.

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

f**k up killie scum ......

Does relegation even still bother you? Or have you seen it so often you're kind of inured to it?

I don't have any axe to grind with Ayr United by the way, I wanted them to stay up. It's been rather disappointing really. 

3 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Does relegation even still bother you? Or have you seen it so often you're kind of inured to it?

I don't have any axe to grind with Ayr United by the way, I wanted them to stay up. It's been rather disappointing really. 

You're hardly high and dry from safety yourself.

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

You're hardly high and dry from safety yourself.

Nah, Inverness are down and I don't think there's a team as bad as we were last year - reckon the SPL team will win the playoff without much hassle. 

Archived