Ayr United, What now 2016/17

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Think we can and need to win next 2 games and then beat Raith on the last day. I agree Hibs and Morton look forlorn hopes. That said we'll probably fail to win the next 2 and we'll be down before that last game.

With the state of Dundee United there no reason why we shouldn't be able to get something against them at home but then again we never got anything at Tannadice when we should have.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can see us beating Queen of the South and Raith but i've no idea where the last one is going to come from. We've got no chance at home to Dundee United or Hibs in my opinion and Morton are extremely good at home and only lost once there in a year.

I can absolutely see us getting something from hibs or united (less likely at cappielow (sp?) but you never know). Those teams will be celebrating the title or preparing for a very difficult set of playoff fixtures.

My worry is next week. We absolutely have to win. If we don't we'll probably be bottom and the confidence will just drain away. Then we would need two unexpected wins and that's too much I reckon.

But one win and everything switches again.

47 minutes ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Ffs Ayr what's happened to you this season? Really hope you stay up

We blew all our budget on a has been Gary Harkins when we'd have been much better bringing in a fast winger and a decent striker.

We blew all our budget on a has been Gary Harkins when we'd have been much better bringing in a fast winger and a decent striker.

We were in for half a dozen "decent" strikers in both windows, lost out to teams because of money and all of them have scored less than Allan Forrest with the exception of maybe Sutton, none of which I would be in a rush to sign now
The worrying thing for me isn't the players we didn't get, but the players we do have not being set up or motivated/self motivated to avoid getting their bums felt by a 4 goal margin

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We were in for half a dozen "decent" strikers in both windows, lost out to teams because of money and all of them have scored less than Allan Forrest with the exception of maybe Sutton, none of which I would be in a rush to sign now
The worrying thing for me isn't the players we didn't get, but the players we do have not being set up or motivated/self motivated to avoid getting their bums felt by a 4 goal margin

Ach I know, can't help but feel we should have spent the budget more wisely.

You're right though, the players we have need to have a look at themselves.

the club captain should be motivating on the pitch yet barely says boo.

McCall claims Docherty, Devlin, Balatoni and Crawford are all carrying injuries and haven't trained for 2/3 weeks.  Could just be an excuse, but I suppose it might offer some explanation as to why we were so mind numbingly bad on Saturday.  I think I saw McDaid warming up on the park, so hopefully he might be available this week.  

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

McCall claims Docherty, Devlin, Balatoni and Crawford are all carrying injuries and haven't trained for 2/3 weeks.  Could just be an excuse, but I suppose it might offer some explanation as to why we were so mind numbingly bad on Saturday.  I think I saw McDaid warming up on the park, so hopefully he might be available this week.  

The phrase I heard used by someone close to Crawford was "he hadn't trained for months", I'm not sure that the lack of training by all these players could be used as mitigation for why we've failed to play with any tempo in the 1st half of most games.

If you are not fit in this league you get found out.

If you are not on form in this league you get found out.

The bare minimum we need is 11 fit players on the park, surely.

After all, being part time hardly gives us time to decide on tactics, formations and set pieces.

I'd rather have a full time team of players that are just ok than trying to get superstar part timers.

The best players do not play part time.

In a league full of full time players, we were always going to struggle so I just don't know why we didn't go full time.

1 season to go for it.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

These are things that I feel we suffer from a lack of:

Tactics

Formations

Consistency in team selection

You missed workrate.

we must have some of the laziest players in the league.

Archived