Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very close to not going on Sat.  Only booked on the bus in the morning, its in the most part a team who are tough to watch and i dont blame many for doing so.  

I'm going for the potential scenes not really the standard of footy. Just want to get that little bit more hope so I can be even more devastated if we fail. It's almost learned behaviour supporting Ayr for so many years. Self harm essentially 

Before a ball was kicked in anger, I thought we'd be all but relegated by now. We might still yet but as Aitken said after today's game "it's a six game Championship", I'd have gladly taken that in August.

To watch St Mirren take 6 from 6 in their last two league games then go out and match it is ballsy from the players. 'Played boys!

Hoping goal difference isn't our downfall come 6th May.

Criticised the players not long ago about the lack of fight, gladly eating my words now. Another big test on Saturday, a win would be great, draw not terrible. 3 home and 3 away games left. A target of 8 points, 4 home and 4 away isn't out with our reach I think.

Criticised the players not long ago about the lack of fight, gladly eating my words now. Another big test on Saturday, a win would be great, draw not terrible. 3 home and 3 away games left. A target of 8 points, 4 home and 4 away isn't out with our reach I think.

Agreed, a win on Saturday could be a kick in the balls for St Mirren and a 7 point gap might be too much to crawl back from.
Can see the games vs St Mirren, QOTS and Raith as being the most winnable. If we get anything from Hibs or Morton it's a bonus.

We are still losing really soft goals.  I like Devlin, but if he is going to step up a level, he needs to learn some discipline and stop selling himself so easily.  As much as Meggatt has improved hugely in recent weeks, we still look really vulnerable at set pieces into the box.  A point on Saturday would be an outstanding result.

Archived