Ayr United, What now 2016/17

So many fans have spent an absolute fortune in money, time and emotion following Ayr United.

Marriages have been broken, jobs lost and bills unpaid to follow Ayr.

Just because you don't go to every game in 2017 doesn't mean an opinion isn't valid, or indeed, earned.

We all want a winning Ayr.

We all see money as a precious and not uncapped resource.

We all have 'other things' outside football.

My final point is this, if the players showed half the level of energy, commitment, enthusiasm and passion that us posters do on here, I don't think we would be in this position!

Entry money would be fair, we would be looking forward to our 2nd season in the championship and all would be good with the world.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I find it a little depressing that so many fans spent lots of time posting on here about Ayr United but attend so few games! If you live in a different country or work on a Saturday fair enough but if you just can't be bothered then in my opinion your opinion is unwelcome.

I think you'd have to have a wee shot of their shoes before commenting too much.

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I find it a little depressing that so many fans spent lots of time posting on here about Ayr United but attend so few games! If you live in a different country or work on a Saturday fair enough but if you just can't be bothered then in my opinion your opinion is unwelcome.

Seriously? If anything I'd have thought their opinion was more welcome, and far more important.

Well I'll be dammed, didn't see that coming today, well done to the team, especially with the others around us doing so great, always puts a bit of pressure on the Pars.

Next week is massive now, 2 games that could massively have an effect on where we'll be. 3 points from the 2 is massive, however with our away form and how DU are going, a point away is out with the realms of possibility. Have to beat the Sons though.

What's the chances of a proper update on the injuries. Still think our season rests on us getting a half decent midfield combination on the pitch. Not sure what the great secret is on Adams and Cairneys estimated return. 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

What's the chances of a proper update on the injuries. Still think our season rests on us getting a half decent midfield combination on the pitch. Not sure what the great secret is on Adams and Cairneys estimated return. 

Docherty who was 50/50 before the game with hamstring and had to go off cause his hamstring went again, would presume he'll be out for another couple of weeks.

Adams i have no idea, don't even know what's wrong with him and i've heard that Cairney is out for the season with ligament.

Murphy was on the bench and seemed ok as did Crawford who lasted 90 minutes along with Moore who came on and did fine.

For McDaid i would have thought he might have an outside chance of making next week.

The midfield was actually impressive today with obviously Docherty having a big part to play in that but gilmour and rose were also very impressive, Rose was brilliant and was his best game of the season by a mile, he could be our midfield savour with the possibility of Adams and Doc being out for a while.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Docherty who was 50/50 before the game with hamstring and had to go off cause his hamstring went again, would presume he'll be out for another couple of weeks.

McCall states in his interview that Docherty was only taken off as a precaution.

Just now, eez-eh said:

McCall states in his interview that Docherty was only taken off as a precaution.

Ah right, didn't realise that as I've not seen the interviews yet, just about to watch it.

It can't be a coincidence that the last two games we've won Harkins hasn't started. Not saying he's to blame but the team clearly plays better as a unit without him and move the ball quicker as well.

With current injuries to Cairney, Adams, McDaid etc and not being sure how long they could be out for this team probably gives us the best chance of staying up or at least putting up a fight.

Fleming

Devlin
Balatoni
Meggat
Boyle

Crawford
Docherty
Rose
McGuffie

Farid
Forrest

Oh, my temptress, that glides upon the plush green of Somerset Park, oh how you mock me in my time of need, oh how you tempt thee into thy bosom, oh how you dangle thy fanciful chance of safety in this god forsaken championship, just as you poise to take thy last breath away, you fill my lungs with air, my heart with hope and my head with gentile thoughts of which a mere whisper of the word "safety" can embolden thee. Oh thy cruel, cruel temptress thee.

Oh, my temptress, that glides upon the plush green of Somerset Park, oh how you mock me in my time of need, oh how you tempt thee into thy bosom, oh how you dangle thy fanciful chance of safety in this god forsaken championship, just as you poise to take thy last breath away, you fill my lungs with air, my heart with hope and my head with gentile thoughts of which a mere whisper of the word "safety" can embolden thee. Oh thy cruel, cruel temptress thee.

Bumpkin.

This matches the Kipling poem on the match thread for literary quality. Well played lads, well played.

Can someone raise the bar further with a touch of the local bard?

A prince can make a belted knight, a marquis, duke and a' that,

But an honest man's aboon his might, guid faith, he maunna fa' that!

For a' that and a' that, their dignities and a' that,

The pith o' sense and pride o' worth are higher rank than a' that.

A wee bit of proper kultyir for the masses. As you were, back to the business of the Ayr United rollercoaster, let's enjoy the ride.

Can't agree with that. Not everyone can go every week - my own excuse is that i still play amateur on a Saturday and also have a 15 month old which means going to Somerset is only really a 3 or 4 times a season job.

But what with AU Media and the highlights / pals who are season ticket holders / boards like these it's still pretty easy to keep up to date and have an informed opinion

It was obvious when Stevo came back to Ayr last year that something wasn't right with him.  I assumed he was carrying an injury of some kind but this offers a different perspective.  You can only wish the guy all the best, he ran through brick walls for Ayr.  

Archived