Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where do people really think our points are going to come from? 9 games remaining and you can't basically write off Hibs (h) Dundees United (h) (a) Morton (a).  Dunfermline doing really well and with so many out im expecting another heavy defeat. That leaves us with Dumbarton (h) St Mirren (a) Qos(h) Raith (a) to get points. 
Waving goodbye :ass

I think we could beat dumbarton and raith.

I'd then think one more win and two draws would do. Beat qos again? Maybe saints will unravel? Maybe Dundee united will...

We're in a fight. It doesn't look great right now, but any fans giving in at this stage need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Just as you don't have any idea but I'm pretty confident I'm right. These clubs have more supportive and ambitious chairmen. Ours is always complaining about how much money he has put into the club over the years. Instead of moaning about McCall look at our chairman and how amateurishly he runs the club.

Literally never heard Lachlan complaining about the money he's put in.

The club is being run better now, probably a mix of experience gained by LC and maybe a fair bit of guidance from McCall. I've never known the owner to complain about the money he has put in, only highlighting it when he is accused of not putting any in 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I think we could beat dumbarton and raith.

I'd then think one more win and two draws would do. Beat qos again? Maybe saints will unravel? Maybe Dundee united will...

We're in a fight. It doesn't look great right now, but any fans giving in at this stage need to take a long hard look at themselves.

It's not the fans who have given in, it's the team. You're right, we're in a fight. However there is no fight in that dressing room. 

It's not the fans who have given in, it's the team. You're right, we're in a fight. However there is no fight in that dressing room. 

I didn't see a lack of fight in the second half yesterday. I saw a difference in class at times and I saw some silly errors. But there was still fight.

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ok then, We'll we offered Aberdeen money who in turn offered it to Shankland. Feel you are being a bit pedantic about the whole thing.

The point still stands. 

No we didn't. Shankland has a wage that gets paid regardless of where he is sent on loan. Whether we pay a higher % of his wage or not compared to another club makes zero difference to him, so your point is nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No we didn't. Shankland has a wage that gets paid regardless of where he is sent on loan. Whether we pay a higher % of his wage or not compared to another club makes zero difference to him, so your point is nonsense.

Really don't understand how you are struggling to get this. We were willing to offer Aberdeen(parent club) a higher % of Shankland wage than Morton but Shankland wanted to go to Morton due to FT football. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Really don't understand how you are struggling to get this. We were willing to offer Aberdeen(parent club) a higher % of Shankland wage than Morton but Shankland wanted to go to Morton due to FT football. 

You've kinda answered your own question.

the money had nothing to do with it.

Therefore you can't use that as an example of our budget being high or low.

f**k me it's not rocket science.

3 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

You've kinda answered your own question.

the money had nothing to do with it.

Therefore you can't use that as an example of our budget being high or low.

We bettered Mortons offer so that proves that the FT teams don't have considerably bigger budgets than us. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We bettered Mortons offer so that proves that the FT teams don't have considerably bigger budgets than us. 

It doesn't prove anything of the sort.

You can't seriously think that us allegedly offering a higher wage proportion than Morton for one loan player means our budget is comparable to theirs?

1 minute ago, Hazbart said:

It doesn't prove anything of the sort.

You can't seriously think that us allegedly offering a higher wage proportion than Morton for one loan player means our budget is comparable to theirs?

I think they will have a bigger budget than us but not by as much as happy clappers like to claim. 

9 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Mortons playing budget is over £1.1m a year.

:lol:

Have a word. Their budget this year was severely slashed and have been close to Admin this year from what I've heard from a friend who's a journalist. The fact they didn't have a proper striker until January suggests their wage budget is very low. The reason their doing well is because Duffy seems to be semi competent.

41 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

:lol:

Have a word. Their budget this year was severely slashed and have been close to Admin this year from what I've heard from a friend who's a journalist. The fact they didn't have a proper striker until January suggests their wage budget is very low. The reason their doing well is because Duffy seems to be semi competent.

Might've been slashed this year, nobody will know for sure until they publish accounts that figure comes from their published accounts, the last few years have been fairly similar.

Their turnover as a business totally dwarfs ours.

They do operate at a huge loss though, Golden Casket are owed over £2.5m but there's no way they will go in to Admin.

GC are actually listed at being their holding company which is all getting a bit Sevco-esc.

Archived