Ayr United, What now 2016/17

He was honest about our lack of fight though. He didn't duck it.

Tomorrow night is so, so big. McCall is the right man to lead ayr in my opinion but we're fucked if we fail to win again. He mentioned that he has clear plans on the next level for the club if we can just consolidate this season.

Lose tonight and it's almost certain relegation and new manager in.

I'll be honest here, as much as a disaster relegation would be I just can't see McCall leaving of his own accord and highly doubt Cameron will sack him. I still think we'll finish 9th and with a bit of luck (we're well overdue a bit) we will stay up through the playoffs. Only then will we see these grand plans that McCall has.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

we're fucked if we fail to win again.
Lose tonight (sic) and it's almost certain relegation and new manager in.

A bit melodramatic. Saturday was abject, but people on here are talking as if we've only got 5 or 6 games left and we are at the last chance saloon. We're not there yet.

A bit melodramatic. Saturday was abject, but people on here are talking as if we've only got 5 or 6 games left and we are at the last chance saloon. We're not there yet.

We will not face a more out of form team for the rest of the season. To be honest if we can't beat them, at home, we're done.

Do you not think we're saying exactly the same?

Anyway, 0-0 tonight written all over it.

Of course you will be. That wasn't me being confident in any way as I think we will lose. I was just meaning that if we can't win tonight then who will we beat over the rest of the season.

10 hours ago, wuffster said:

I wish the players would react like we're in the last chance saloon, unfortunately they look like waiting until last orders are called before they put their boots on the correct feet.

On 27/02/2017 at 22:55, pandarilla said:

He was honest about our lack of fight though. He didn't duck it.

Tomorrow night is so, so big. McCall is the right man to lead ayr in my opinion but we're fucked if we fail to win again. He mentioned that he has clear plans on the next level for the club if we can just consolidate this season.

Lose tonight and it's almost certain relegation and new manager in.

Is his thinking that consolidation in the league will allow Ayr to spend more and recruit better players? If that's the case im not sure he could improve on some of his signings I.e. Harkins, Balatoni, El Alagui (still early to judge the latter). It just hasn't worked for McCall so far in that department imo.

26 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Fans need to get a grip, we're in a great position, players want it etc. 

A few do, we're not in a great position, it doesn't show.

In an interview lasting almost 4 mins, he spent less than a minute documenting the progress the club have made during his tenure, all factually correct. Towards the end of the minute, he stated "people really need to get a wee grip".

He later mentioned that it's "not quite as gloomy as some people make out".

He spent the rest of the interview talking about Sat gone "crowd on Sat were great with the players", last night's game "a lot of heart, a lot of endeavour", "all that mattered was winning", "right in the pack, still fighting", and looking ahead to the game on Sat against Hibs.

An honest assessment and not quite the anti-fan diatribe some might have you believe.

As Super Ally once said, football is all about entertainment and giving people a wee escape from their Mon - Fri working lives, unfortunately that appears to have been lost in recent years not just at Ayr but almost everywhere. Too much revolves around money and this safety first attitude. Winning ugly is always easy to take but Losing ugly is a different story entirely. We've been doing the latter recently and whilst last nights result was excellent and could be pivotal in keeping us up this season, the underlying problem remains that our style of play is very poor to say the least.

We can only hope that "the plan", should we stay up, involves some sort of investment and change of style as a priority for next season otherwise ever diminishing crowds will be the order of the day as who wants to give up their Saturday to watch the type of football where you don't even get a shot on goal or any sort of crosses in to the box ???

29 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

In an interview lasting almost 4 mins, he spent less than a minute documenting the progress the club have made during his tenure, all factually correct. Towards the end of the minute, he stated "people really need to get a wee grip".

He later mentioned that it's "not quite as gloomy as some people make out".

He spent the rest of the interview talking about Sat gone "crowd on Sat were great with the players", last night's game "a lot of heart, a lot of endeavour", "all that mattered was winning", "right in the pack, still fighting", and looking ahead to the game on Sat against Hibs.

An honest assessment and not quite the anti-fan diatribe some might have you believe.

It would perhaps be better if all these interviews were posted similar to the highlights.

whats the story with mcdaid please? I've not heard much at all and got a bit of a shock when someone posted he'd be out for remainder of the season

He was 50/50 to play on Saturday. Going by a club that is relatively accurate that would mean that he would be fine for this Saturday. Probably out for the season then....

Archived