Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Cup tied for our glory run to Hampden so we'll need to wait until Dumbarton to see him.

Cracking signing for us. A battering ram of a forward, who can also score goals is just what the doctor ordered

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see how McCall plays out the attack. McDaid and Moore either side of Farid with Harkins in support would be my guess,  which then leaves 2 spots available for Doc, Cairney, Adams, Crawford. We have a bit more ammunition now and having the likes of Guff and Forrest in reserve can only be a good thing. We seem to be pretty set now with Moore/Farid/McDaid/Harkins/Forrest/McKenzie who can all play up top. Hopefully we can now turn these draws into wins.

Interesting to see how McCall plays out the attack. McDaid and Moore either side of Farid with Harkins in support would be my guess,  which then leaves 2 spots available for Doc, Cairney, Adams, Crawford. We have a bit more ammunition now and having the likes of Guff and Forrest in reserve can only be a good thing. We seem to be pretty set now with Moore/Farid/McDaid/Harkins/Forrest/McKenzie who can all play up top. Hopefully we can now turn these draws into wins.

McCall won't go that expansive, especially away from home. I would still expect to see Harkins in behind Moore or El Alagui; Robbie right midfield, McDaid left with Doc and Adams or Cairney in the middle.

8 hours ago, Ayr_United_1910 said:

He'll play 20mins against Dumbarton, come off injured & we'll no see him for weeks.  The Ayr United curse.  We're just not meant to stay in this division.

Can someone phone this boy see if he's anywhere near a windowsill ffs.

mcall is going baws oot for the play offs now

Fleming
Dev Bala kenna meggat
      Adams.      Doc.             
                Harkins.              
                           Mcdaid
       Farid    Moore

17 minutes ago, young buck said:

Can someone phone this boy see if he's anywhere near a windowsill ffs.

mcall is going baws oot for the play offs now

Fleming
Dev Bala kenna meggat
      Adams.      Doc.             
                Harkins.              
                           Mcdaid
       Farid    Moore

No no no no no, Fleming Devlin Balatoni Meggat and Boyle is the best back 5 that we have as a group, it's not always who's the best players, whenever Mick Dunlop used to play in our defence bad things seemed to happen even when Mick done nothing wrong, it wasn't that he was bad just that the combination didn't click properly.

3 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

McCall won't go that expansive, especially away from home. I would still expect to see Harkins in behind Moore or El Alagui; Robbie right midfield, McDaid left with Doc and Adams or Cairney in the middle.

Agree, certainly away however at home to St Mirren and Raith we may see a top two, or three with Harkins and Moore playing off Farid. 

I would be astonished if when farid proves a level of fitness, that he or Moore would be benched in that team. Harkins now able to play in his natural role of distributor means he's our link man. Shore up the defence with our henchmen sitting in front and go for it. If we can move the ball back to front quickly through Gary then surely he won't negate that by going one up top. The threat would be us winning the ball and getting straight at teams instead of like now we carry no threat up top do teams are coming onto us. 

Farid may not be the saviour but he allows us the option of playing expansively 

18 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Very harsh

Perhaps.

Have you ever seen the film Goal! ?

Young Mexican striker Santiago Munez comes across from the Barrios of Los Angeles to try his luck at Newcastle United but struggles to adjust to life on Tyneside. Then, one evening on the training pitch, manager Eric Dornhelm (with a striking resemblance to Sven Goran Ericsson) teaches Santiago a valuable lesson: he can't outrun a pass with the ball.

That is how I feel about Harkins a lot of the time, but he is not the only one. We need to move the ball more quickly- hopefully McDaid and El Alagui will allow us to do that.

(Also, it is ridiculous Harkins isn't on set pieces)

Archived