Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Defence has gone to pieces since McKenna signed, which is, I presume, a total coincidence.  Murphys legs must have gone completely if he can't get in the team ahead of him.  And please, don't anyone suggest Meggatt as a solution - he is utterly abysmal.  Don't know how we end up with Michael Rose in central midfield either when we have Cairney who at least resembles a football player.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That defence today was an absolute bomb-scare, Meggatt (utterly hopeless), Mckenna (clueless), Balatoni (bossed all game) and Devlin is the only one who could get pass marks with his runs up the flank. Rose was hopeless, no wonder he never plays but i felt that the rest of the midfield and Moore did OK. 

33 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That defence today was an absolute bomb-scare, Meggatt (utterly hopeless), Mckenna (clueless), Balatoni (bossed all game) and Devlin is the only one who could get pass marks with his runs up the flank. Rose was hopeless, no wonder he never plays but i felt that the rest of the midfield and Moore did OK. 

Jamie Adams was equally as bad as Rose. Agree about defence etc. 

The match preview said we had a full squad so I hope to f**k Docherty was injured and not rested! 

34 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McKenna must have dirt on McCall and he must have shared it with Michael Rose. They are both awful awful footballers.

i actually thought meggat was ok although got worse as the game went on.

Is Rose not supposed to be a centre half? He certainly looked like a centre half playing in midfield today. Which is not to single him out for blame by the way, don't think anyone got pass marks tonight.
Hope Moore is just rusty as his finishing was woeful tonight.
And for a team made up largely of midgets we don't half hoof it skywards a lot. We actually look ok when we keep it on the ground.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Bleak.

But what the f**k is up with our defence? I know the conditions play a part and there's no doubt the boy forbes was on fire - but Christ we were all over the shop.

We actually created quite a few openings (again, conditions playing a part) but we were just well and truly bossed...by fucking Morton.

Pleasing. Your team are utter gubbins just make sure you are above st murn come may.

Ever since the Dumbarton game at home on Christmas Eve 5 weeks ago everything seems to have gone downhill rapid. The fact we've only scored 3 points out of 15 in that time with 3 of those games against teams in the bottom half of the table says enough. Also the striker saga has had a clear effect on the players in my opinion.

Bleak.

But what the f**k is up with our defence? I know the conditions play a part and there's no doubt the boy forbes was on fire - but Christ we were all over the shop.

We actually created quite a few openings (again, conditions playing a part) but we were just well and truly bossed...by fucking Morton.

We've bossed many teams this year, don't take it personally. This explains our current league position, one win from 2nd place with a game in hand against recently-sworded diddies Raith.

This fixture and your next against Hibs were never going to be season definers, focus on St. Mirren/Dumbarton/Raith and for fucks sake, don't let that rabble from Paisley catch you.

11 hours ago, ayrmad said:

If 30,40,50 years isn't thick and thin then I don't know what is, I used to think like you, I was wrong.

That's how we're in the mess that we're in, showing 2 fingers to life long fans thoughts,opinions grievances doesn't retain or grow crowds.

What mess are we in? We are 9th and having a poor run of form. Most Ayr fans would have been delighted with 8th before the season started. It may go badly it may not. Less than a month after the board had a "meet the fans" event you are predictably on here bumping your gums about "2 fingers". Drama queen/better-fan-than-you attitude imo.

10 hours ago, Honestmen said:

well said that man

You too.

p.s. Highlights

Archived