Ayr United, What now 2016/17

7 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Get a grip of yersel's ffs.

I'm not blind to McCall's shortcomings as a manager but his track record over the last two years with regards to bringing players in warrants a little bit of patience here.

I would imagine Loy is still a realistic target, Nisbet will stay if required (McCall has a habit of overreacting in post-match interviews) and that there will be plenty other irons in the fire we don't know about.

I didn't make any criticism of McCall in my post and highlighted the fact there was no one to sign, should I still get a grip of myself?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My only gripe is that we never seem to have a plan ahead of the transfer window, few that come to fruition anyway. As of today every other team in the league have already signed at least one player this window. Whether they're any good or not remains to be seen however everyone else seems to have their targets well in advance of being able to take action on it. We regularly seem to be waiting on these proven players/whoever's left for them to ultimately knock us back.
I'll be gobsmacked if Nisbet stays after his performance on Xmas eve and McCalls reaction.

What a load of nonsense. How do you know we haven't been planning ahead? Do you really think we'd make the majority of our transfer targets public knowledge? We're only 6 days into January, have a bit of patience. McCall has stated he's only interested in a proven goal scorer at this level and I have faith he'll deliver.

We might not like it but unfortunately we're pretty far down the pecking order of proven players as it stands. Only a manager like McCall could have attracted Harkins & Balatoni, I'd dread to think where we'd be without them. We were nailed on cannon fodder at the start of the season but have been competitive in the majority of games. Win tomorrow and we could go 6th!

Let's have a bit of faith & patience, but ultimately get behind the team tomorrow.

Mon Ayr!

<--- Panic merchant

I'm a wee bit concerned, McCall has gone on about getting a proven goalscorer in the Championship, then I hear we were in for Ryan Hardie before he joined Raith, is this really the standard we're aiming for?

I didn't make any criticism of McCall in my post and highlighted the fact there was no one to sign, should I still get a grip of myself?

Quoted you for concluding "its shite being an Ayr fan". Happy to clarify this.

Watching the Hibs game earlier they have a barrow load of strikers, Cummings, Keatings, Holt and Brian Graham plus others who can play there. 

Why doesn't McCall give his old pal Lennon a call and see about getting Brian Graham on loan till the end of the season. Fits the bill scored loads for Raith a couple of years back before earning a move to the SPL. Make it happen ;)

32 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Watching the Hibs game earlier they have a barrow load of strikers, Cummings, Keatings, Holt and Brian Graham plus others who can play there. 

Why doesn't McCall give his old pal Lennon a call and see about getting Brian Graham on loan till the end of the season. Fits the bill scored loads for Raith a couple of years back before earning a move to the SPL. Make it happen ;)

Not until next season. Started the season at Ross County before signing for Hibs. We should just give Romeo Filipovic a chance up front for the rest of the season, don't know why he hasn't had more starts this season. Also where has Jason de Jong been these last couple of games?

27 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Not until next season. Started the season at Ross County before signing for Hibs. We should just give Romeo Filipovic a chance up front for the rest of the season, don't know why he hasn't had more starts this season. Also where has Jason de Jong been these last couple of games?

Thanks for ruining my dreams. Were really starting to regret loaning out Tam McManus with no recall clause.

5 hours ago, DanielB said:

What a load of nonsense. How do you know we haven't been planning ahead? Do you really think we'd make the majority of our transfer targets public knowledge? We're only 6 days into January, have a bit of patience. McCall has stated he's only interested in a proven goal scorer at this level and I have faith he'll deliver.

We might not like it but unfortunately we're pretty far down the pecking order of proven players as it stands. Only a manager like McCall could have attracted Harkins & Balatoni, I'd dread to think where we'd be without them. We were nailed on cannon fodder at the start of the season but have been competitive in the majority of games. Win tomorrow and we could go 6th!

Let's have a bit of faith & patience, but ultimately get behind the team tomorrow.

Mon Ayr!

Who said anything about going public? Every other club in the league got deals done straight away. 6 days? More like 3/4 during which time Dundee United managed to import a player from Denmark. 

Archived