Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, bigmacDFC said:

I hope it is; would be funny for you guys to lose out on yet another big name striker that you thought you had any chance of signing.

As funny as conceding 13 goals in your group Betfred group matches.

1 hour ago, bigmacDFC said:

I hope it is; would be funny for you guys to lose out on yet another big name striker that you thought you had any chance of signing.

I doubt it is.  McCall is quite happilly talking about targets by name, he wasnt mentioned once. 

Absolutely gagging for some signing news before Saturday! Noticed that McCall is hopeful of loan players from Blackburn again after Henry going there. Let's hope they have some decent wide players!

Exactly what I thought after the news came out

52 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Is the space goat still alive and well?

An essential member of the squad.  The original space goat is at Clyde and last years at Cowdenbeath. 

Someone will fill the hooves. 

Wonder if Sir Ian has contemplated a 3-5-2 recently? Would certainly suit the squad that we have. Given our lack of wide men and abundance of centre mids, it would make sense. Think we also have two ideal wing-backs in the shape of Devlin/Boyle.

We'd need another centre half, although I reckon we need one regardless. Whatever happened to Balatoni btw?

Fleming

*New CB* Murphy Meggat

Devlin Boyle
Doc Adams Cairney

Moore Thomas

Archived