East superleague relegation

BroxyBear

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A farcical end to the season. This is why we need a proper season long fixture list and clubs should be able to play postponed games midweek under floodlights if they have them.

Every year we see teams playing with skeleton squads at this time of year as players head off on holiday or you find that once teams have nothing to play for they have problems fielding strong lineups with kids or amateurs on the bench.

There shouldn't be the need for teams to have to play three games a week throughout May while others have finished their seasons. And no team should have to play a playoff game at two days notice having not played a competitive fixture in four weeks.

In this day and age their is no reason not to produce a season long fixture list, getting 2or3 games issued is totally wrong and unprofessional , going by last nights result you could argue it had an effect on the score with Sauchie having a month of inactivity, it doesn't help losing a man and Lochee have been playing very competitive games recently winning a cup and trying to grab third place.

Maybe the result would have been the same but it does need looked at.

I stay in fauldhouse and I've left the village under a blanket of snow and by the time I reached the by-pass there wasn't any snow to be found.So by your reckoning fauldhouse should be punished for it's location rather than anything else.Typical post from a city plonker.

City plonker! The big bright lights of Gorebridge! 

Didnt say any team should be punished for its location. Location of teams has very little to do with games getting called off. Penicuik for example, isnt a popular place for cruise ships to stop off at (not near the sea) - yet has had no league games off this season at home

The reason games are called off - leaving us every season in the same situation is clubs

Failure to prepare parks properly

failure to invest in parks

poor quality drainage

lack of knowledge regarding what needs done

lack of help from volunteers etc

training on parks.

referees finding excuses to call games off rather than reasons to get them on.

region scheduling games on 'problem parks'

playing games when our weather is at its worst.

design and location of some grounds - trees, buildings etc blocking light and growth.

your health and safety people sticking their noises in to the game

clubs not able to install all weather! surfaces

and SJ Cup games taking priority over league games 

The only way this end of season inballance will stop is if the majority of the above points are looked at and a fixtures list is introduced.

To do that the bending over for the SJ Cup would need to stop, replays etc from round 3 onwards would have to go. Double/treble playing of matches on all weather parks on the same day to get games played and moving more games away from the winter and into the summer.

The point i made was there are clubs who do invest money and time into their park - rather than spend it bringing in 1 or 2 extra players. Why should they do that if some other clubs use that money to boost their squad.

City plonker! The big bright lights of Gorebridge! 

Didnt say any team should be punished for its location. Location of teams has very little to do with games getting called off. Penicuik for example, isnt a popular place for cruise ships to stop off at (not near the sea) - yet has had no league games off this season at home

The reason games are called off - leaving us every season in the same situation is clubs

Failure to prepare parks properly

failure to invest in parks

poor quality drainage

lack of knowledge regarding what needs done

lack of help from volunteers etc

training on parks.

referees finding excuses to call games off rather than reasons to get them on.

region scheduling games on 'problem parks'

playing games when our weather is at its worst.

design and location of some grounds - trees, buildings etc blocking light and growth.

your health and safety people sticking their noises in to the game

clubs not able to install all weather! surfaces

and SJ Cup games taking priority over league games 

The only way this end of season inballance will stop is if the majority of the above points are looked at and a fixtures list is introduced.

To do that the bending over for the SJ Cup would need to stop, replays etc from round 3 onwards would have to go. Double/treble playing of matches on all weather parks on the same day to get games played and moving more games away from the winter and into the summer.

The point i made was there are clubs who do invest money and time into their park - rather than spend it bringing in 1 or 2 extra players. Why should they do that if some other clubs use that money to boost their squad.

The only bright lights in Musselburgh are off a Blue Flashing variety

I thought they did.

In terms of Superleague teams I saw this season they were certainly amongst the 3 weakest so not shocked that Lochee got past them (but a bit surprised that it was so easy considering that last years playoff went to penalties) and I don't think that even if Sauchie had been playing league games up until Saturday that the final result would have been any different.

If Fauldhouse had a decent striker or two they'd certainly have finished a lot higher up the league, they were by far the best of the teams that finished below Camelon until they got to the 18 yard box.

(from what I saw before anyone gets too upset!)

Yesterday afternoon I read online from the Alloa Advertiser website the Sauchie managers meltdown/rant about the first leg 5-0 defeat. Red card killed us, the players not good enough, I am not good enough, most of the players who have already signed for next season will not be here as you need a different type of player in the lower league etc.etc.

Surprised Sauchie fielded 11 players last night after that.

.............and of course a massive well done to Lochee, looking forward to the pie and chips when back at Thomson Park.

Archived