East superleague relegation

BroxyBear

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Superbigal can comment on this but someone - can't recall who - mentioned today that Tayport were struggling to keep going. Lack of personnel to run the club was the suggestion. Hope it's nonsense as our past rivalries with Tayport were fierce and they leave you with a bit of respect for the club.

Maybe Superbigal can comment on this but someone - can't recall who - mentioned today that Tayport were struggling to keep going. Lack of personnel to run the club was the suggestion. Hope it's nonsense as our past rivalries with Tayport were fierce and they leave you with a bit of respect for the club.

There was a special general meeting today that I had no intention of attending. My understanding was the main men chair Alastair Oswald and Albert Oswald long standing secretary were standing down.

I believe a couple of successors were lined up one being a certain Davie baikie

As for footballing matters I believe John is still 100% in charge but yes it could well be with a massively reduced budget for players.

All heresay for now.

There was a special general meeting today that I had no intention of attending. My understanding was the main men chair Alastair Oswald and Albert Oswald long standing secretary were standing down.

I believe a couple of successors were lined up one being a certain Davie baikie

As for footballing matters I believe John is still 100% in charge but yes it could well be with a massively reduced budget for players.

All heresay for now.

BTW I was at the St Andrews v Fauldhouse game which was very pertinent to this thread. Not much bucky to be spotted.

Was at the meeting today tayport are very much still going and still alive and well plenty good ideas on the go with 4-5 new committee coming on board with dave baikir acting as a go between between management and committee with ovenstone still im charge and away to prepare for the new season

I see Sauchie v Lochee is on Monday night. With the return leg on Wednesday night. Will Sauchie have the legs for it after 4 weeks on the beach !!

Is there any reason why they had to have the games so quickly? Surely they could have given the clubs a bit more notice than two days.

I believe Sauchie had their first training session in four weeks on Friday. Lochee must be favourites.

Was at the meeting today tayport are very much still going and still alive and well plenty good ideas on the go with 4-5 new committee coming on board with dave baikir acting as a go between between management and committee with ovenstone still im charge and away to prepare for the new season

That's really good to hear Superfifers. Hope it all works out for them going forward. I've a lot of time for Davie Baikie.

Is there any reason why they had to have the games so quickly? Surely they could have given the clubs a bit more notice than two days.

I believe Sauchie had their first training session in four weeks on Friday. Lochee must be favourites.

I assume the games need to be played before the East agm next weekend.

I can't imagine if that's the case that the players were still being paid ?

Clubs always like an early end to the season in financial terms.

That being the case (if so) then they certainly could be classed as having been on their holidays.

Absolute farcical situation to be in when Sauchie finished playing weeks ago and definitely hands a big advantage to Lochee, but as we saw with the farce over dates and venues for the Fife and lothians cup final nothing surprises me anymore about junior football administration. The play offs just give sporting integrity or even something close to a level playing field a slap in the face.

Well done to Fauldhouse but I think it will be a big ask to have the Sauchie players ready after such a long lay off. I don't know if their players are still attending training, some may be on holiday so even fielding a team could be the biggest challenge they face before even thinking about the opposition.

Absolute farcical situation to be in when Sauchie finished playing weeks ago and definitely hands a big advantage to Lochee, but as we saw with the farce over dates and venues for the Fife and lothians cup final nothing surprises me anymore about junior football administration. The play offs just give sporting integrity or even something close to a level playing field a slap in the face.

It's not the Region's fault that Sauchie finished their games so long ago. There would have been complaints if they had free Saturdays just to spread the fixtures out. In saying that I heard that they have been playing friendlies although I don't know if that is true or not. It's Fauldhouse's fault for staging a great escape in their last three games.

Surely with the points tally Sauchie finished with they always knew they could end up in the play offs, if they had looked at who Fauldhouse had to play they would have seen there was a real chance that Sauchie hadn't done enough. Therefore surely they are well prepared for Monday night.

Surely with the points tally Sauchie finished with they always knew they could end up in the play offs, if they had looked at who Fauldhouse had to play they would have seen there was a real chance that Sauchie hadn't done enough. Therefore surely they are well prepared for Monday night.

Not sure about that. Fauldhouse won their last 4 in a row away games - it took them 25 games to win 4 in total before then.

i think the fault is firmly with the region. - Too much focus on the SJ Cup and replays. referees far to quick calling off games for daft reasons. not playing games at the right time of year. 

The main one is the number of games called off. Fauldhouse had 7 called off at home -  the 3rd equal highest at home out of the south - prem and super. Sure its not all their fault but the region must take the blame. I know alot of teams have spent money on their park rather than buy an extra player - whats the point if you dont receive any penalties for having games off?

I stay in fauldhouse and I've left the village under a blanket of snow and by the time I reached the by-pass there wasn't any snow to be found.So by your reckoning fauldhouse should be punished for it's location rather than anything else.Typical post from a city plonker.

Fauldhouse run of games at the end were all teams round about them, so you could say had the played them earlier in the season they wouldn't have been in the position they found themselves with 4 to go!

Archived