Scottish Cup 2016/17

mrman2011

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monday, 6:15pm, Coldstream Museum:

http://scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16400&newsCategoryID=1

Coldstream Museum set to host preliminary round draws

Coldstream Museum will host the draw for the William Hill Scottish Cup preliminary rounds next week as this season’s competition gets under way.

The museum is currently running an exhibition called ‘Frontiers: The Berwickshire Football Story’ which covers the history of the game in the area.

It also mark the 125th anniversary of Coldstream FC, who will be involved in the preliminary round draws.

The first and second preliminary round draw will take place on Monday 18 July at 6.15pm and are open to the public.

Preliminary round one draw:

Edusport Academy v Colville Park
Newtown Stewart v Beith Juniors
Wigtown and Bladnoch v Auchinleck Talbot
Glasgow University v Bonnyrigg Rose
St Cuthbert Wanderers v Leith Athletic

Ties to be played on Saturday, 13 August 2016.

Preliminary round two draw:

St Cuthbert Wanderers/Leith Athletic v Coldstream
Glasgow University/Bonnyrigg Rose v Burntisland Shipyard Amateurs
Edusport Academy/Colville Park v Girvan
Newtown Stewart/Beith Juniors v Wigtown and Bladnoch/Auchinleck Talbot
Threave Rovers v Linlithgow Rose
Bank’s O’Dee v Golspie Sutherland

Ties to be played on Saturday, 3 September 2016.

9 hours ago, Marr1 said:

That screws any chance of me doing a Road to Hampden this year.

I love the early rounds of the cup.  The first preliminary round clashes with our home game against Hearts but none of the games are exactly great to get to from a logistical point of view for me anyway.  However I'll take the lazy option in the second preliminary round and go to the Bank's O' Dee game.

51 minutes ago, lowenan said:

Would like to see Colville Park pull off an upset.

it'll be an interesting game vs edusport anyway, new crop of players and a few probably won't be in Scotland before the game. good chance to be first amateur(league) side to win a tie.

They play at Annan having previously played at Hamilton Palace according to wiki. 

Head coach is Ricky Waddell, had a wee giggle at that :lol:

Some recognised coaches too. Stuart McLaren and Jim Chapman namely (can't imagine they do much considering they manage teams themselves), Andy McNeil GK coach, Ryan McCann and Colin Cameron.

3 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I love the early rounds of the cup.  The first preliminary round clashes with our home game against Hearts but none of the games are exactly great to get to from a logistical point of view for me anyway.  However I'll take the lazy option in the second preliminary round and go to the Bank's O' Dee game.

The first prelim round  is pretty annoying with all the games taking place in the South West, I was hoping Banks O'Dee could be dropped in Pre-R1.

36 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I wouldn't worry too much about that if I were you HTG.

Another 100 grand run would be helpful - it all adds up 8MileBU me old chum. It helps ensure we can hand off our best players after all. 

10 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

:lol:

It's funny cos it's true.

Think there'll be another 100k run for the Rose this year?

Hard to say. We got a decent draw last season where the travel and the weather were as difficult to deal with as our opponents. Anything is possible I guess. Of the 3 we gave you, only Ruari played consistently in this competition. 

According to posts in previous seasons threads clubs got flat £1,000 for playing in the preliminaries (whether both rounds, eliminated in the opening round or byed to the closing one). Assuming that is correct that compares with £2,000 for R1 and £4,000 for R2. If so and that continues this season it will be another impact on the licensed clubs, although if you make it through you end-up £1,000 better off than otherwise I suppose.

In terms of the draw it has worked out very well for the strong clubs, as they all avoided each other (except Beith and Auchinleck). Only tie with real intrigue is Edusport v Colville - will they have all their Frenchmen over? Will they include returners, or the new intake caught cold?

You'd expect Beith or Auchinleck, Linlithgow, Bonnyrigg and Banks o'Dee to comfortably navigate the other ties, and similarly Leith if reports of St Cuthbert losing lots of their championship players is right.

• 4 weeks later...

As usual the BBC and even the SFA website haven't bothered covering today's First Preliminary Round ties (there was not even an SFA preview)... These appear to be the full-times:

Edusport Academy 2-2 Colville Park
Newton Stewart 0-4 Beith
Wigtown & Bladnoch 0-4 Auchinleck Talbot
St Cuthbert Wanderers 0-3 Leith Athletic

No surprises.

Colville's ground is unsuitable, replay next Saturday at Benburb Juniors.

Glasgow University v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic is tomorrow (Airdrie at home today).

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

As usual the BBC and even the SFA website haven't bothered covering today's First Preliminary Round ties (there was not even an SFA preview)... These appear to be the full-times:

Edusport Academy 2-2 Colville Park
Newton Stewart 0-4 Beith
Wigtown & Bladnoch 0-4 Auchinleck Talbot
St Cuthbert Wanderers 0-3 Leith Athletic

No surprises.

Colville's ground is unsuitable, replay next Saturday at Benburb Juniors.

Glasgow University v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic is tomorrow (Airdrie at home today).

The SFA tweeted the results not too long after full time.

Fair enough, but it's still very poor. Top story on the Scottish Cup part of their website is still about the draw being made, almost a month ago. Results part still hasn't got any scores.

Having had a look at their twitter, the FT's are also the first mention of the ties. Nothing during the week in preview, nothing earlier today.

Looks like someone at Hampden reads P&B though. Suddenly at 7:15pm while browsing their site a brief article with the results has appeared.

I took in Wigtown vs. Talbot today. Crowd somewhere in region of 200/250, mainly in Talbot colours. They had 3 supporters buses down. While it took almost an hour for the opener to go in, it was inevitable as Wigtown were on the back foot for the majority of the game. Once Roddie was beaten - from a Mark Shankland free-kick in 58 minutes, that seemed to be it. Shankland nearly added a second 8 minutes later only for his header to be saved, but Stephen Wilson was on hand to tap in. Shankland then hit the bar and soon after directed a header past Roddie from a long cross over from the right. Late on Dwayne Hyslop was brought down and Wilson bagged his second from the spot.

29 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I took in Wigtown vs. Talbot today. Crowd somewhere in region of 200/250, mainly in Talbot colours. They had 3 supporters buses down. While it took almost an hour for the opener to go in, it was inevitable as Wigtown were on the back foot for the majority of the game. Once Roddie was beaten - from a Mark Shankland free-kick in 58 minutes, that seemed to be it. Shankland nearly added a second 8 minutes later only for his header to be saved, but Stephen Wilson was on hand to tap in. Shankland then hit the bar and soon after directed a header past Roddie from a long cross over from the right. Late on Dwayne Hyslop was brought down and Wilson bagged his second from the spot.

One of my mates had his groundhopper hat on today and went to Edusport v Colville Park. He got told by an official that 30 folk paid in 27 adults and 3 concessions!

Archived