Scottish Cup 2016/17

mrman2011

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Do the Spartans committee still pour over every cup opponents team sheet desperately seeking admin errors to report ?

Fact is you'd broken the rule tbf.

Spartans haven't had their troubles to seek, though. That game was in 2006 but between 2008 and 2015 they forfeited an EOS League Cup Final win after fielding a cup-tied player; had to replay a Scottish Cup tie after they fielded a wrongly registered player (plus Elgin fielded an ineligible one); been expelled from the Scottish Cup for fielding an unregistered player; and from the South Challenge Cup for the same man; been expelled from the Lowland League Cup over listing a triallist; and been deducted 3pts in the EOS League for playing a suspended player.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fact is you'd broken the rule tbf.

Spartans haven't had their troubles to seek, though. That game was in 2006 but between 2008 and 2015 they forfeited an EOS League Cup Final win after fielding a cup-tied player; had to replay a Scottish Cup tie after they fielded a wrongly registered player (plus Elgin fielded an ineligible one); been expelled from the Scottish Cup for fielding an unregistered player; and from the South Challenge Cup for the same man; been expelled from the Lowland League Cup over listing a triallist; and been deducted 3pts in the EOS League for playing a suspended player.

And worst of all they won't let you smoke inside the ground the c***s

18 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I remember the good old days when we didn't draw Forfar in any cup competition. 1990 was the last time I think.

we *could* win the replay on Tuesday and relive the 13-2 game from the '30s... :whistle

Some big wins today and East Stirlingshire conceded in the 94th minute sending Annan through. Forfar and Edinburgh City replay on Tuesday.

East Stirlingshire 1-2 Annan
Formartine 7-2 Banks o'Dee
Forres 4-0 Cumbernauld
Gretna 2-6 Buckie

On 10/26/2016 at 12:44, parsforlife said:

Ideally it would be kept on the Saturday. Surely questions need to be asked why that weekend was chosen for the final? Surely could of found a date where Queens Park were scheduled to play away?

The SPFL and the SFA don't talk to each other, which is why we get scheduled for home games a few days before Scotland matches, when what should happen is that the Hampden pitch should have two clear Saturdays before an international or cup final / semi final.  It's common sense.....to anyone but those running our game.

As it is, you can probably expect us to be tackling the Mighty Mo at Hampden on the Tuesday after the final.

The SPFL and the SFA don't talk to each other, which is why we get scheduled for home games a few days before Scotland matches, when what should happen is that the Hampden pitch should have two clear Saturdays before an international or cup final / semi final.  It's common sense.....to anyone but those running our game.

As it is, you can probably expect us to be tackling the Mighty Mo at Hampden on the Tuesday after the final.

I hope not. We already have a Tuesday trip down to Annan to come due to their replay on Saturday. I'd rather play at Lesser Hampden if it's possible on the Saturday. There is hardly going to be thousands in attendance.

On 11/2/2016 at 11:01, Gogs Grog said:

I hope not. We already have a Tuesday trip down to Annan to come due to their replay on Saturday. I'd rather play at Lesser Hampden if it's possible on the Saturday. There is hardly going to be thousands in attendance.

Unfortunately, Lesser Hampden is no longer a registered ground (which is also why we don't advertise pre-season friendlies there) and we're not allowed to take cash, so we couldn't do that even if both teams were happy with it.

Archived