Scottish Cup 2016/17

mrman2011

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

I'm still not home from Brora so a home tie for us please! Preferably one with a decent chance of progression as well. Failing that, wouldn't mind a trip to Palmerston. 

Wouldn't mind a wee trip to your ground with Beith.

Think big Mark McLaughlin would enjoy one last game there

Wick away is the dream tie and Hawick would be great too, but I'd be delighted with most of the non-league sides away - only ones I'd want to avoid are EK, Spartans, East Stirling and Cumbernauld Colts. I'd be happy with Arbroath, Elgin or Montrose away as well.

As HJ says the draw is on Tuesday, 6pm at Cappielow. Warren Hawke is doing it; if we get a Championship team or a home tie he's getting hounded out of the club.

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I can assure ye Wick away is NOT a dream tie.  

It's a hoor of a journey from Inverness with some fine scenery en route but the road is just dreadful.

Nice friendly people though.  

That's what you deserve for not travelling by train. 

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I can mind when ye thought Spartans were diddies. 

Be careful what ye wish for ? 

They are diddies. Which is why they're still doing absolutely nothing in the regional non-leagues - whose reigning champions are comfortably worse than Montrose right now - while The Famous are storming into national cup semi-finals. 

So defending the non-existent honour of a fellow diddy club isn't going to work out well for you. Unlucky. 

39 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

They are diddies. Which is why they're still doing absolutely nothing in the regional non-leagues - whose reigning champions are comfortably worse than Montrose right now - while The Famous are storming into national cup semi-finals. 

So defending the non-existent honour of a fellow diddy club isn't going to work out well for you. Unlucky. 

Still getting over Spartans imo :D:D:D

And getting to semi finals of national trophies aye we'll all remember that in 10 years time Greenock Morton managed a semi :D:D:D

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

That's what you deserve for not travelling by train. 

Last train from Wick on a Saturday leaves at 16.00, getting into Inverness more than four hours later.  Rail is not the way to go unless you're up there for the weekend, if you get Wick Academy away.

52 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Last train from Wick on a Saturday leaves at 16.00, getting into Inverness more than four hours later.  Rail is not the way to go unless you're up there for the weekend, if you get Wick Academy away.

Closest train to kick off was getting in at 1456 :D

Only other train on matchday was the 0702 from Inverness :D

Their closest game is 50 miles away in Brora. 

Fair play to them but feck that every 2nd week. 

Aye they'll all want Wick away......

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Which is the entire point of drawing Wick away. Any loser who chooses to slink up and down on a bus deserves no sympathy. 

Archived