Scottish Cup 2016/17

mrman2011

The information is all out there but I agree there is no reason for the SFA not to promote it or for the clubs not to look.

The £2k fee could be reduced to around £500 which is AFAIK the annual fee anyway. I think since the lowland league started there has been 8 new members of the SFA (BSC, Cumbernauld, EKFC, Gretna, Stirling uni, Linlithgow, Banks o'dee and Edusports). £16k new application fees over 3 years is not adding anything to the game and could easily be reduced

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close result again. Congratulations to Colville.

Threave Rovers are now the South of Scotland League's only hope of having a club in the competition proper. They've opened the season with 4 defeats then 2 wins... game washed out today... and face a stern test in Linlithgow Rose. Leith Athletic or Coldstream will ensure a representative from EOS League, but Burntisland face a huge ask against Bonnyrigg. It will be interest to see if Colville, the only Amateurs still standing, can overcome Girvan (the only Juniors from the lower ranks).

10 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Do we get any attendance figures for these rounds or do they not get published until later on in the Cup.

I went to the Colville game today - didn't do an actual headcount but there were less than 50 there...how many were paying customers I don't know.

Pished down most of the game so I imagine the no cover aspect put a few off. To follow on from what I said after the Glasgow Uni game in Airdrie, there's absolutely no valid reason why that game today couldn't have been played at CP's home ground - if they made it through to the point where they met an SPFL side I can see the rationale behind insisting on having it at a licensed ground, but doing so when playing a team whose following consists of two players not in the squad is nuts...

On 17/08/2016 at 13:13, LongTimeLurker said:

If Dalbeattie Star do a Threave, as is looking more than likely, they will probably need another club to step in to keep the numbers up and as things stand that would probably be Edusport.

Have you got any proof to back this nonsense statement up  ? 

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 21:14, Burnie_man said:

Do we have any official attendances for the games so far, or educated guesses?

From going to both games and asking the gatemen at the end :

Edusport v Colville Park, at Annan : 27 adults + 3 kids paid in = official attendance 30. Total headcount 51 => 21 complimentaries.

Colville Park v Edusport, at Benburb : 37 paid in = official attendance. 23 complimentaries => 60 present.

14 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

From going to both games and asking the gatemen at the end :

Edusport v Colville Park, at Annan : 27 adults + 3 kids paid in = official attendance 30. Total headcount 51 => 21 complimentaries.

Colville Park v Edusport, at Benburb : 37 paid in = official attendance. 23 complimentaries => 60 present.

Scottish football in a nutshell......the clubs are crying out for cash and yet 44 complimentaries handed out whereas only 67 pay in.  See if you can't put your hand in your pocket, we don't need you.  You should see the numbers turning up at QP matches looking for free entry when there's a couple of cancellations.  Too many people think that they are entitled to something for nothing.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

It'd be understandable if it was 50 quid a ticket but you'd be chucking five or six quid in. Ridiculous.

Yeah, it's pretty shit, but isn't there a minimum £8 price for Scottish Cup matches

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 09:56, Marr1 said:

Yeah, it's pretty shit, but isn't there a minimum £8 price for Scottish Cup matches

No.

Both of the Edusport / Colville Park fixtures were only £5 / £3.

Since pay-ins + complimentaries equalled the total in attendance, the gatemen obviously included counting the clubs' committees etc as complimentaries. Nothing unusual in folks like that not having to pay to get in. There was a delegation from the S.A.F.A. I wonder if they paid their fivers...

Archived