Stranraer FC 2016/17

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two great seasons and one not so great.

As with most players leaving the club, Jammer moves on with the best wishes.

Some huge goals for us, Ibrox, Challenge Cup semi-final at Livi, Inverness at Stair Park.

Lovely guy to speak to off the park too.

Hopefully find a club where he can regain the form of previous seasons. East Kilbride and Albion Rovers have been mentioned a good bit.

Hope we can get him signed up this time - Would be third time lucky for us. (Rovers).

any news on young boy samson heard hes been impressing few clubs while on loan to cumnock scored few and had cpl mom with them 😀

Lot of boys in under 20's have another year at that level. Unsure if he is one of them.

Would be great news for everybody else in the division if Reid goes to QOTS.

1) Because he's a w**k.

2) Because he had Stranraer playing some good football in the second half of the season and would probably be right up there next season.

Would be great news for everybody else in the division if Reid goes to QOTS.

1) Because he's a w**k.

2) Because he had Stranraer playing some good football in the second half of the season and would probably be right up there next season.

Will 2) be relevant to Airdrie???

I'm very surprised to read that Jamie Longworth has been released by you guys. I always rated him and thought he was a pretty handy player.

Any reason other than footballing ones for his release?

No.

Unfortunately hasn't played well enough this season. Shows classy movement and touches now and again but then you are scratching yer head as he misses a sitter. All our strikers have been guilty of patchy performances this season.

His record is:

Jamie Longworth Starts 18, sub app. 22, goals 7,

overall starts 93(sub app 42) overall goals 43

Just footballing reason a would imagine with longworth. Not really played much under Reid. Talk of a fall out at the start of the season then didn't really get a run of games that he has been used to. He is to good a player just to be getting 5-10 minutes here and there. Will do well who ever he signs with.

Talk in todays paper of Rumsby making the short trip up to Peterhead.

He is ex-Aberdeen so will be used to it!

Decent defender at this level and I wouldn't be at all unhappy if he stayed with us. A wee bit accident-prone in that he concedes a few penalties. I think this season we just found a slightly better combination at the back and he struggled to get his place back in the team - did well for us when he was paired with Frank McKeown last season.

Pre-season news from the club:

Away friendly against Vanarama North side AFC Fylde at Kellamergh Park on Friday 8th July at 7.30pm, with club using Fleetwood Town's Poolfoot Farm training facility for a session the following day. (Shame i'm on holiday as I'd have loved this trip!)

Looking for a home friendly on Saturday 2nd July.

Archived