West of Scotland Senior League

edinabear

I heard a wee whisper that Regan will be at Fergie Park this evening presenting the LL trophy, so any would be assassins might just get a clean shot. If you've any bullets left remember Sir Peter should be in his usual spot.

That's all very well, but how many horcruxes would then be left before we could finally get rid of the Cockwomble?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A West league would be a goer in my book . Many of the bigger west juniors are sick to death by the way the game is run & are looking at ways of leaving it . This would be ideal . The only issue in my book would be the head honchos at the sjfa not wanting to lose their position of power & attempting to f**k the clubs over .

I assume we are talking about plugging the west league in under the LL at the same level as the south and east? If so, that seems like a pretty sensible idea, means the west juniors (if they want) can move their entire structure, including regional leagues below. More than one relegation slot required at bottom of LL, within a few seasons there would be some reasonable churn (should the top juniors get their licenses in order). Gives you a National (SPFL), Bi-National (LL & HL) and the start of a Regional (West/East/South/North) underneath.

Problem then it's fitting in the East juniors (as the east league exists already).

TBH, not sure the Juniors would be up for starting below the Lowland league as they see their teams as better (which outside of the top 6 in the LL where it's nip and tuck in my opinion is undoubtedly true), but that approach allows the Regional setup preferred by most on the west juniors to stay while providing a route to the national leagues for those who want it. Plug the Ammy leagues in the West underneath the Juniors. Similar problems in that the top ammys are probably better than a lot of the central /ADL teams, but in the longer term all teams find their level of they want to.

I think a lot of the problem around the pyramid is that too many people want it to be an instant "this is the final setup with all the teams where they should be". Really, it should just be putting in a structure that connects all the teams that allows everyone to find their own level over say 15-20 seasons.

A lot of junior folk feel that we are on a par with the bottom league seniors & the ll is below us. So why should we be thrown in a league like this? Unfortunately the rest of Scottish football doesn't see this & with the ll in place & seemingly flourishing then the only viable option now is to throw in our hat with a West senior league or getting left behind when the sfa wash their hands of us . Mr Johnston & co at the sjfa hq won't like it & I imagine they will be the biggest obstacle . Think the junior clubs will have to resign their place rather than go with the associations blessing

Why werent Glasgow Uni made to play in the SoSL when they were awarded their club license as they would have been forced to sign up to the pyramid system?

Are the SFA admitting that the SoSL is not fit for a West of Scotland based senior club?

Presumably for the same reason (whatever it is) that Linlithgow haven't been made to join the EoSL.

A lot of junior folk feel that we are on a par with the bottom league seniors & the ll is below us. So why should we be thrown in a league like this? Unfortunately the rest of Scottish football doesn't see this & with the ll in place & seemingly flourishing then the only viable option now is to throw in our hat with a West senior league or getting left behind when the sfa wash their hands of us . Mr Johnston & co at the sjfa hq won't like it & I imagine they will be the biggest obstacle . Think the junior clubs will have to resign their place rather than go with the associations blessing

The SJFA  ARE the clubs, so if a majority of clubs want to engage with the Pyramid then all they need to is vote to open discussions on how this can be achieved.

As for bigger West teams finding ways to leave, in my experience they are amongst some of the most conservative clubs in the Juniors and I find it hard to believe many of them are looking to "jump ship"

The SJFA ARE the clubs, so if a majority of clubs want to engage with the Pyramid then all they need to is vote to open discussions on how this can be achieved.

As for bigger West teams finding ways to leave, in my experience they are amongst some of the most conservative clubs in the Juniors and I find it hard to believe many of them are looking to "jump ship"

Do you speak to the West clubs on a regular basis?

Do you speak to the West clubs on a regular basis?

Nope, but I have been to enough AGM's in the past to have heard many dissenting voices against the Pyramid and it would be surprising if the large west clubs have changed their view.

Are you saying that the larger clubs in the west now want to engage with the Pyramid? It would be welcome but I have my doubts.

We can't even get the reinstatement rule abolished!

I think a lot of the problem around the pyramid is that too many people want it to be an instant "this is the final setup with all the teams where they should be". Really, it should just be putting in a structure that connects all the teams that allows everyone to find their own level over say 15-20 seasons.

If the enforced progression angle to everything got ditched, this is probably the way things could happen quickly with minimal resistance given the SFA could easily twist some arms to ensure compliance (no pyramid link no refs etc etc), if they really wanted to make things happen. In the lower reaches of the pyramid in England they allow promotion to the next level up to be passed down to any of the top three places in the final table, if a perennial champion is dead set against ever moving up or doesn't meet ground grading, to break log jams like the one that is forming at the top of the EoS at the moment where Lothian Thistle and Leith are not licensed and not likely to be any time soon.

Nope, but I have been to enough AGM's in the past to have heard many dissenting voices against the Pyramid and it would be surprising if the large west clubs have changed their view.

Are you saying that the larger clubs in the west now want to engage with the Pyramid? It would be welcome but I have my doubts.

We can't even get the reinstatement rule abolished!

Think that certain clubs have had enough of the way the game is ran at our level . I know the majority of fans I speak to have . And I think clubs have realised that they will get left behind if they don't take this opportunity . I might be wrong & we stay where we are but the demise will only get worse & soon the grade will be no better than amateur football

The juniors don't want to join the pyramid system they like being big fish in a small pond. I would like to see them join as they would make the league stronger . I would of thought that the likes of tallbot, Hurlford, meadow could go far and make it into the sfl but they just don't seem interested

If Junior clubs want it they should shout about it, but I cannae hear a thing.  I get around a few Junior games in the east but naebody is talking pyramids.

Same over this neck of the woods - I know people involved with probably several dozen West clubs, and I've not heard of any even mild interest. I'm not sure if it's even the big fish in a small pond syndrome, more perhaps being happier in their own skins and not seeing SPFL status as something to be particularly aspired to.

Over this side of the country the LL's had minimal impact on the psyche of your average football fan of either the junior or senior varieties, largely due to being far removed from the epicentre of the league in the south and east. Even on the run-up to when East Kilbride were due to play Celtic, I must have been asked close to a dozen times if we were in the same division as that East Kilbride Thistle mob that the Tic had in the cup...

Same over this neck of the woods - I know people involved with probably several dozen West clubs, and I've not heard of any even mild interest. I'm not sure if it's even the big fish in a small pond syndrome, more perhaps being happier in their own skins and not seeing SPFL status as something to be particularly aspired to.

Over this side of the country the LL's had minimal impact on the psyche of your average football fan of either the junior or senior varieties, largely due to being far removed from the epicentre of the league in the south and east. Even on the run-up to when East Kilbride were due to play Celtic, I must have been asked close to a dozen times if we were in the same division as that East Kilbride Thistle mob that the Tic had in the cup...

With your groundshare ending with Bsc and Bsc playing in the LL from Lochburn with a license are you eligible for the Scottish Cup like Linlithgow are.

With your groundshare ending with Bsc and Bsc playing in the LL from Lochburn with a license are you eligible for the Scottish Cup like Linlithgow are.

It has crossed our mind. :)

For a couple of reasons it's unlikely next season, but why not down the line?

Damm I'd just found where Maryhill's  park was. Now I have to find Lochburn  ;)

Damm I'd just found where Maryhill's  park was. Now I have to find Lochburn  ;)

There's a few Shire/Maryhill connections actually - been a couple of friendlies over the years and our keeper is Grant Hay who was the regular Shire No.1.

I liked Grant he did well for us. I didn't know he was with Maryhill

Do you have any Idea yet where BSC are moving to? or are you just glad their away?

I liked Grant he did well for us. I didn't know he was with Maryhill

Do you have any Idea yet where BSC are moving to? or are you just glad their away?

I can't say too much about the situation at the moment unfortunately.

Archived