Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Chucking this in here rather than the match thread...Robinson's comment at 58 seconds about the first team players playing for the u20s yesterday...ooooooooft.

giphy.gif

Campbell's fit and Cadden only had cramp on Saturday and has trained all week. So...

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

44 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Yeah I noticed that too. I like how honest Robinson is.

Aye, he seemed to check himself and went a more diplomatic route. There's a point where it genuinely looks like he's just going to pish himself laughing.

Even then..."They're...they're available for selection...let's just say that." Ooooft.

Edited by capt_oats

I think the thing I like about him isn't so much his honesty, but the fact that you never get the impression he's saying anything that he hasn't already said to any players involved, and never singles anyone out. It's all just honest, general comment. His pressers never make for uncomfortable listening.

Quite an interesting read about Frear here, particularly the bit about Motherwell offering him an opportunity to play on a platform he just wouldn't get down south outside of the Premier League.: https://dankellysportswriting.wordpress.com/2018/02/24/one-step-back-two-steps-forward-why-young-players-must-see-rejection-as-an-opportunity/

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Quite an interesting read about Frear here, particularly the bit about Motherwell offering him an opportunity to play on a platform he just wouldn't get down south outside of the Premier League.: https://dankellysportswriting.wordpress.com/2018/02/24/one-step-back-two-steps-forward-why-young-players-must-see-rejection-as-an-opportunity/

I met a lady whose fiance played with Frear at Forest Green Rovers - she said that he was loving his time at Motherwell ( this convo was September last year ), and knew this was his big chance.  She went on to say that he is a gem of a guy.  

To me, he has the ability, but he needs two things to happen - one being a consistent run, and the other being played in his best position.  I feel he is suffering from the same problem as Bigi, what Robinson wants them to do is contrary to their natural game.  These are the guys who can make a difference when we have "earned the right to play football," as Robinson keeps banging on about. 

I have a vision of Bigi running about like a headless chicken chasing the ball in our first away win against Dundee. While I appreciate the effort, he's one of the few players we have capable of opening  defences with a telling pass. Frear is another.  I have a hunch that Campbell is underrated in this regard too, but maybe that's just me being a fanboy. 

Edited by WellView

Magic three points today.   It'll take a miracle for Ross County to catch us now.  The Aberdeen game is an irritation, field the under-20's and let's have a proper go at Hearts next Sunday. 

Win that, and this will turn into a dream season.  

On 2/22/2018 at 17:20, Gianfranco said:

I can’t be bothered starting a new thread but I saw the EFL are following the English Premiership in having the summer transfer deadline on the 7th of August.

I wonder how that will effect us and if our league will copycat?

When they first spoke about this I was thinking the SFA would copy since they are so unoriginal.  Hopefully they won't but will they still sell/loan players out?

I see on the Well Society newsletter that we raised £200k, which effectively becomes £400k when the generous offer from Les Hutchinson comes into play. I'm assuming that £200k is a pretty decent dent in our debt to him (even though I suspect he isn't that desperate to recoup it). Also - 2400 members is a decent percentage of our diehard support and overall makes the thing feel a bit more viable than many expected. Interested to see if that number can be grown by much more...

I see on the Well Society newsletter that we raised £200k, which effectively becomes £400k when the generous offer from Les Hutchinson comes into play. I'm assuming that £200k is a pretty decent dent in our debt to him (even though I suspect he isn't that desperate to recoup it).

It gets better when you factor in this write off as well..

With Les Hutchison’s Double your Money initiative, this amount is even more significant as Les Hutchison has generously agreed to write off the same amount from his loan to the Club. This, of course, means that your support has made even more of an impact on the Club’s financial position, allowing almost £200,000 to be written off!