Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Flow has also just tweeted that the "improved" offer is a lot of shite.

Great move by Flow

It is good that 'Flow can debunk stories right away so that they don't become accepted - but the 300k thing didn't get in the paper by accident. Assuming 'Flow is telling the truth (which I'm sure he is), in whose interest is it to have that out there? Cadden's agent trying to drum up some interest? Hearts trying to show that they are looking at replacements for Walker? Something else?

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

It is good that 'Flow can debunk stories right away so that they don't become accepted - but the 300k thing didn't get in the paper by accident. Assuming 'Flow is telling the truth (which I'm sure he is), in whose interest is it to have that out there? Cadden's agent trying to drum up some interest? Hearts trying to show that they are looking at replacements for Walker? Something else?

The record knowing they need to get clicks?

Agreed on all of this about Cadden, as well, FWIW. 

Just read Flow's wee Twitter thread. Fair play to him, there's no ambiguity there. It sounds like the Record have just totally made it up. Interestingly it's not the first time that a paper has seemingly just made up a transfer story relating to us this window. By all accounts the Willo Flood piece that The Sun ran was completely made up as well. It says something that he's felt compelled to come out and dismiss the Cadden thing publicly though. With the Flood story it was dismissed by proxy.

Tbh, it'd have been a pretty weird negotiating strategy from Hearts to treble their reported bid overnight and even then it'd still fall short of what you'd expect Motherwell to accept, especially given that he has 2 years on his deal and there's the safety net of development compensation even if he was to run down his contract.

Edit to add: That's us brought in a new GK coach. It seems Marlon Beresford has had a "too good to be true" opportunity and we've now brought in former associate of Jackie McNamara at Thistle, United & York; Craig Hinchcliffe to replace him. 

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/06/26/hinchcliffe-joins-the-coaching-staff/

Edited by capt_oats

It's not something I pay massive attention to but it seems like the GK coach has been a bit of a revolving door for a few years - not ideal when it's a position in the team that's had very little stability...

40 minutes ago, Swello said:

It's not something I pay massive attention to but it seems like the GK coach has been a bit of a revolving door for a few years - not ideal when it's a position in the team that's had very little stability...

I suppose the fact we're on to our 4th manager in 3 seasons can't really have helped. Marshall left at the end of the play off season, Jim Hollman replaced him and was there with Baraclough & McGhee but left in January this year so he was there for a year and a half-ish. it took almost 2 months to replace him but the whole McGhee sacking probably played a part there.

The new guy seems to be well thought of but interestingly where Beresford worked with Robinson and Craigan for the NI side the new guy seems to have been a recommendation. He's not someone that any of the coaching staff have worked with before as far as I can see.

Edit: having read the news story on the official site it seems Beresford was "headhunted" for a coaching role in the Middle East. There you go.

Edited by capt_oats

As foxymfc says, the mystery defender is Charles Dunne who Robinson signed for Oldham and judging by fans of his other clubs he's not greatly thought of but if nothing else he does have a quite remarkable hairline.

22-06-17-dalziel-park-motherwell-motherw

In addition to Dunne we've had another 3 trialists over in Ireland. 2 centre halves and a forward:

Bira Dembele 29 year old 6ft 3" former Barnet centre half
Cedric Kipre 20 year old 6ft 5" former Leicester u23 centre half
Shaun Tuton 25 year old former Barnsley forward

Tuton's got the same agents as Tait, Heneghan and Clay and his career history looks fairly unremarkable so there's a chance we're looking at him as a favour. The two centre halves look fucking huge and appear in the #content the club have been sticking up on YouTube over the past week.

Kipre in particular seems quite rapid. There's not a lot of chat about him given he was a u23 player for Leicester but he has a month loan at Corby Town (I know, right?) and their manager mentioned "Cedric looked the real deal. He was strong, powerful, very good technically on the ball and he was a breath of fresh air." again though...Corby Town.

Having said that, we've just released a 20 year old in Ferguson so who knows maybe we'd be looking at someone like Kipre to fill that berth rather than someone to chuck straight into the team. I had a look at the usual YouTube compilation and my initial thought was that he looks very Heneghan-y.

Given how we fell apart (even more) when McManus was out injured I'm not surprised that Robinson might be looking for another centre half who's a bit older and Dembele was captain at Stevenage before moving to Barnet. Stand out moment for Stevenage here though.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, capt_oats said:

As foxymfc says, the mystery defender is Charles Dunne who Robinson signed for Oldham and judging by fans of his other clubs he's not greatly thought of but if nothing else he does have a quite remarkable hairline.

22-06-17-dalziel-park-motherwell-motherw

Would be the first Klingon ever to play at Fir Park, TBF.

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I miss Lionel :(

Yas!

It does make me wonder who's going to benefit from the wisdom of the red-faced-middle-aged-seethers club this season. Samson away, no Ainsworth - someone in these happy training camp videos is in for a shock....

Yas!
It does make me wonder who's going to benefit from the wisdom of the red-faced-middle-aged-seethers club this season. Samson away, no Ainsworth - someone in these happy training camp videos is in for a shock....

Chalmers is away too. There are plenty of places up for grabs in that role.