Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Top six has disappeared.  7th or 8th is a more realistic and achievable target.  8th represents an improvement and I'd even take that, especially in view of our cup runs.  Lets now concentrate on beating Hearts in the cup.  We should be safe from relegation but now have some real battling to do in a very competitive bottom six.  Pre split I reckon we'll be in maybe 9th spot given our tough run of fixtures.
If we get knocked out out the cup by Hearts and finish 8th it'll have been a great season all told.  Still, a semi final place and 7th spot is not beyond us. 
Please kindly help and I will appreciate i

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Top six has disappeared.  7th or 8th is a more realistic and achievable target.  8th represents an improvement and I'd even take that, especially in view of our cup runs.  Lets now concentrate on beating Hearts in the cup.  We should be safe from relegation but now have some real battling to do in a very competitive bottom six.  Pre split I reckon we'll be in maybe 9th spot given our tough run of fixtures.
If we get knocked out out the cup by Hearts and finish 8th it'll have been a great season all told.  Still, a semi final place and 7th spot is not beyond us. 

7 hours ago, Del_Superwell said:
I don't think any player who was at accies last season including Crawford would improve our squad,  the article of us being linked with Crawford smacks of desperation from his agent to drum up attention from clubs down south for him.     I personally we can and would get better from our usual market of looking down south than a team who finished below us in the league and only stayed up on goal difference,

I think you’re probably overestimating the Herald/Evening Times as an influencer with those heading up recruitment in the English leagues tbf. From what I can tell his agents are the same agency Moult moved to while he was here (and are a pretty big company). In that respect I don’t think ‘awareness’ of his availability is necessarily the issue in this case.

As I said, I’m pretty ambivalent about Crawford but I’m not sure I really buy into the idea that because a team (that he played less than 1000 mins for) had a shite season and only stayed up on goal difference we should rule players out.

As an example, Carson was relegated with Hartlepool and has been a decent enough signing for us.

Again, there’s a lot of nuance in that interview. In a literal sense us contacting his agent could simply amount to “would he be interested in having a chat”. I’d imagine we’ve asked the same question of dozens of players.

Edited by capt_oats

Motherwell apparently linked with Danny Johnson, centre forward out of contract at the end of the month from Gateshead. Agency SMI same as Main and started a potted career on the books at Middlesboro.

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
Motherwell apparently linked with Danny Johnson, centre forward out of contract at the end of the month from Gateshead. Agency SMI same as Main and started a potted career on the books at Middlesboro.

Where’s that link from. His name was mentioned on Steelmen earlier this afternoon.

Edited by capt_oats

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Where’s that link from. His name was mentioned on Steelmen earlier this afternoon.

Just a list of rumours I saw earlier on. Yer man Crawford was mentioned too.

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
Just a list of rumours I saw earlier on. Yer man Crawford was mentioned too.

Sound. I’m guessing the boy on Steelmen saw the same list rather than him being heavy #ITK.

FWIW: Johnson’s scoring record is pretty ridiculous. Seems he ended up at Cardiff after a prolific non-league season. 65 in 64 for Guisbprough way down the pyramid but he’s 39 in 100 appearances for Gateshead.

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Sound. I’m guessing the boy on Steelmen saw the same list rather than him being heavy #ITK.

FWIW: Johnson’s scoring record is pretty ridiculous. Seems he ended up at Cardiff after a prolific non-league season. 65 in 64 for Guisbprough way down the pyramid but he’s 39 in 100 appearances for Gateshead.

It's been reported in The Scottish Sun on Sunday, print edition.  

19 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He’s actually scored over 50 goals for Gateshead in his 3 seasons there since being punted by Cardiff, including 20 in all comps last season.

Could be worth a punt I suppose, let’s hope he’s more Moult than Bowman.

No offence to Bowman btw who I quite like but we really could do with some quality up front instead of another hard working nuisance type. 

Edited by Casagolda

2 hours ago, WellView said:
It's been reported in The Scottish Sun on Sunday, print edition.  

Cheers. I’m very much #dontbuythesun so unless it shows up on a Twitter search that’s exactly the stuff I’ll miss.

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:
He’s actually scored over 50 goals for Gateshead in his 3 seasons there since being punted by Cardiff, including 20 in all comps last season.
Could be worth a punt I suppose, let’s hope he’s more Moult than Bowman.
No offence to Bowman btw who I quite like but we really could do with some quality up front instead of another hard working nuisance type.

Absolutely. I only had a quick glance at his wiki on my phone but that’s an insane number of goals.

Totally agree though, we could really use a natural goalscorer to complement what we have already.

Edited by capt_oats