Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

If you ignore Forthbank, Balmoor, and Hampden that is.

After a season long study of all 42 of the SPFL’s pitches – a joint venture between the players union PFA Scotland, the Scottish FA and Sports Labs, the leading international experts in sports surface development and testing – Fir Park was named the best surface in the Scottish top league.

They didn't.

30 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Ooft.

Stirling did win overall, that's true.

Not much doubt about the biggest loser though...

Hamilton's New Douglas Park pitch has been branded as the worst in the country, with visiting players clearly not enjoying the plastic pitch.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

"In the top league"

My apologies - I thought your pedantry was about them ignoring lower division grounds in the survey - I was wrong, it was about something else....

No surprise to see a massive difference in the ratings between grass pitches and plastic ones.

A bit shite that a quarter of the pitches in the top flight of our professional game will be plastic this coming season. 

An update from Flow earlier RT'd by the official account:

Given the Carton House visit seemed to go well last summer I'd be quite surprised if we weren't looking at doing similar as part of the pre-season (and hopefully getting our bodies in early for it).

Slow news day and all that but that's a Walsall fan site suggesting their goalkeeper is heading to us.

We've already been patched by Grimsby's goalkeeper who ended up re-signing with them on a 3 year deal. I know there's a general acceptance that Carson's likely to move on in the summer but I can't help but think that we'll need a 2nd 'keeper anyway. Looking at the ages and the make up of the squad I'd say that Ferguson and Morrison are more likely to be the 2 reserves keepers (with Ferguson 3rd choice for first team).

Either way, speculative tweet below.

Right on cue!

Mark Gillespie just announced. 2 year deal.

You'd have to think that the club either have a deal lined up for Carson to leave or are pretty much certain that he will be leaving. I don't imagine we'd be signing a keeper from League 1 in England for him to come up and sit on the bench.

It's a sad day when a new signing feels like a kick in the stones.  Like Ron says, can't see this one being signed as a No.2.  Would assume Carson is a goner. 

Note Gillespie played in roughly half the games for Walsall in League 1 last year?  Was he injured or just in and out of the side?