Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I was only ever in the enclosure under the Main Stand once. 1994 Scottish Cup when we beat Celtic. Although it was the other side of the tunnel from where the wall has been knocked down I'm sure.

I'm too young to remember much about it, but how did you get into the enclosure from outside the ground? 

14 minutes ago, Desp said:

I was only ever in the enclosure under the Main Stand once. 1994 Scottish Cup when we beat Celtic. Although it was the other side of the tunnel from where the wall has been knocked down I'm sure.

I'm too young to remember much about it, but how did you get into the enclosure from outside the ground? 

I may be totally misremembering but my memory is going in through the turnstiles that were at the corner roughly where the Chapman Building is now.

8e4f76a52c6ea129aa99dc309616a367.jpg

Those turnstyles there went into the terracing IIRC  - the round windows are the thing that ties me back to those days when I first went to games...

knowetop-turnstyles.jpg

I was only in the enclosure once - it's a bit of the ground that I've pretty much forgotten about - but it's still weird that it's now officially "gone" 

You went into the enclosure where the old Fir Park club used to be.
I used to get left there with a coke and crisps while my old man had 'one more' before coming out to lift me over.
You had to get a pass out to go for a piss back then.

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I may be totally misremembering but my memory is going in through the turnstiles that were at the corner roughly where the Chapman Building is now.

8e4f76a52c6ea129aa99dc309616a367.jpg

Something about that photo was bothering me and I just worked it out - no snack bars.

Yeah, I grew up going in the North Enclosure as well.

Used to get Claret & Amber club tickets from the main stand beforehand.

The souvenir shop just used to be a wee window down an alleyway in the main stand. The entrance was next to the black car in the photo above.

Edited by Richie

Not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me, but wasn't there a brief period when there was both a club shop in the Main Stand and a (very small) one in the Cooper Stand where it is now?  Thinking around 1996-97. 

Think the Cooper "shop" at that point only being opened on matchdays, with the Main Stand one open during the week.

I see the Sun have a GOBSMACKING exclusive today that we owe money to John Boyle and Les Hutchieson -  which looks suspiciously like it is entirely based on some educated guesswork on the subject on Steelmen :rolleyes:

I saw that this morning.

The tone of the article makes it come across as if this is some sort of groundbreaking revelation rather than a widely known condition of the ‘Well Society taking over the club over a year ago.

37 minutes ago, Swello said:

I see the Sun have a GOBSMACKING exclusive today that we owe money to John Boyle and Les Hutchieson -  which looks suspiciously like it is entirely based on some educated guesswork on the subject on Steelmen :rolleyes:

They've also REVEALED that we've signed "ex-Rangers kid" Jason Krones. Who actually joined the u20s in January having been binned by Thistle, was offered terms along with 8 other u20s and has apparently only signed a 6 month deal.

Far be it from me to speculate but I'll go out on a limb and say it's a pretty slow news day if they're running with "Motherwell u20 player signs 6 month contract" as breaking news.

The Boyle/Hutchison thing is just fucking odd. I hadn't seen those posts on Steelmen but it really does look like that's where the "story" has been sourced. The repayment via a % of transfer income was explained clearly 2 years ago:

An important element in the agreement is that loan repayments for the first three years will be made from a percentage of transfer income only.

This means that the club will not be burdened with loan repayments from regular income during this period but will still benefit from player transfers by receiving a percentage of transfer fee income. After the initial three year period, outstanding loans will be repaid on a fixed payment schedule.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

They've also REVEALED that we've signed "ex-Rangers kid" Jason Krones. Who actually joined the u20s in January having been binned by Thistle, was offered terms along with 8 other u20s and has apparently only signed a 6 month deal.

Jason Krones was terrible but Thistle made him look like Beckenbauer when we played in April.  

2 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Jason Krones was terrible but Thistle made him look like Beckenbauer when we played in April.  

Aye. I'm amazed we've even offered him 6 months tbh. He was playing for us in the Dundee game where we ended up 5-1 down at H/T (finished 5-3). It was as hilarious a defensive performance as I've seen since that time Thistle utterly bodied us 6-3 back in March last year.

Craigan did a wee interview after the final game of the season against Hibs and he pretty much said we need bodies in for the u20s. I don't know if that's down to the whole Project Brave thing and the switch to the "reserve league" so there's every chance we're just keeping on the bulk of the guys who were already here at the end of the season to save recruiting more than we already have to.

Good to see Jason Krones getting his five minutes of fame.  I'm sure it'll be nice for him to look back on in a couple of years time when he's playing for Wishaw Juniors.

The boy that wrote it could have asked his Motherwell supporting colleague if he was breaking an exclusive.
You'd think he'd have said no.