Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

‪New podcast - @AJR2022, @BustaNut91 and @jay_mfc are joined by @mfc_andy_p and @ByTheMinCeltic’s @pault1888 to look back on our final three games of the season and continue the build-up to the Scottish Cup final. ‬

‪http://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-2017-18-episode-37/‬

23 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'll need to get fairly pished before the game next week to settle the nerves. I don't know if I could cope if, for example, we were to go into the last 10 minutes a goal up. I was on edge when we were 3 up against Aberdeen in the semi final!

I'm planning on doing the opposite and taking in the game dry and saving the beers for the celebrations after.

Also, it will temper me being either in a seething rage (like I was at Betfred Final) or from indulging in fairly OTT celebrations (Betfred Semi).

Yeah, was similar against Aberdeen. More nervous at 2-0 than 0-0.

3-0 was game over though.

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Don't think I'm going to sleep this week tbh.

Do you know, it might build up as the week goes on, but I honestly feel absolutely relaxed about the whole thing.

We'll do everything we can, we'll put in as strong a performance as we possibly can, we'll be prepared we'll be ready.

6 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Do you know, it might build up as the week goes on, but I honestly feel absolutely relaxed about the whole thing.

We'll do everything we can, we'll put in as strong a performance as we possibly can, we'll be prepared we'll be ready.

I've been exactly like this for all the all (!) the Hampden games so far - a bit less so this time to be honest. I've got an illogical feeling that we might win the thing (unlike any cup final since 1991) and that's made me a bit nervous. Productivity this week on a scale of 100 = 4.

I'm not going to let Saturday affect my perception of Ciftci.

Did he have some moments of utter class and genius? Absolutely. 

However, amongst those were still moments where he looked half-arsed, moments where he couldn't be bothered getting himself back onside, moments where he dived etc, etc. I feel the "if you get him fit" argument becomes more and more redundant with each week someone trots it out. How long does it take a professional athlete to get fit precisely?

That coupled with Robinson saying the financial side might be a stretch still puts me off. He's the type of player who's talent might be worth a gamble as a squad member,  but under no circumstances would I make him a top earner in the off chance he turns up regularly.

16 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe said:

I'm not going to let Saturday affect my perception of Ciftci.

However, amongst those were still moments where he looked half-arsed, moments where he couldn't be bothered getting himself back onside, moments where he dived etc, etc. I feel the "if you get him fit" argument becomes more and more redundant with each week someone trots it out. How long does it take a professional athlete to get fit precisely?

That coupled with Robinson saying the financial side might be a stretch still puts me off. He's the type of player who's talent might be worth a gamble as a squad member,  but under no circumstances would I make him a top earner in the off chance he turns up regularly.

I was in the car about 5:30pm on Saturday and was listening to SuperScoreboard.  Interestingly, Mark Wilson was saying that, even during his time at Dundee Utd, he was made to stay for extra running sessions as he was consistently carrying some extra weight and the manager had to keep on top of him to ensure he was fit enough to play.

There's no doubt he's a good player, but based on his time with us, I'd say he's a luxury we cannot afford. 

^^^

This.

We've been linked with some fairly guff strikers over the past few months- Craig Curran, Gavin Reilly and now Simon fucking Murray.

With Bowman and Main both signed up, plus Newell having another year along with the likes of Scott breaking through, I’d argue we only really need to sign one striker this summer. We should be looking to try and add a bit of quality, be that Nadir or someone else.

7 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

^^^

This.

We've been linked with some fairly guff strikers over the past few months- Craig Curran, Gavin Reilly and now Simon fucking Murray.

With Bowman and Main both signed up, plus Newell having another year along with the likes of Scott breaking through, I’d argue we only really need to sign one striker this summer. We should be looking to try and add a bit of quality, be that Nadir or someone else.

Fully endorsing this position.

IMO, the two positions in a team that it is worth pushing the boat out for budget wise is Goalkeeper and Striker - Main has been a brilliant addition and the thought of him playing up front with as high quality a striker as we can afford is quite exciting actually. Simon Murray need not not apply (just sounds like his agent trying to drum up some business anyway). 

Edited by Swello

With just four days to go before the Scottish Cup final, Sparra sat down with Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson for an insight on preparations ahead of the big day, discuss his career at Fir Park as both assistant boss and as manager, Euro 2016, disappointment at Oldham and much, much more.

http://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-2017-18-episode-38/

1 minute ago, AndyRoss said:

With just four days to go before the Scottish Cup final, Sparra sat down with Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson for an insight on preparations ahead of the big day, discuss his career at Fir Park as both assistant boss and as manager, Euro 2016, disappointment at Oldham and much, much more.

mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-20…

Just started listening now. Superb work Andy.

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe said:

However, amongst those were still moments where he looked half-arsed, moments where he couldn't be bothered getting himself back onside, moments where he dived etc, etc. 

You've just described most of my favourite footballers tbf :lol:

46 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

http://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-2017-18-episode-38/

Great timing - off abroad for work for a couple of days and that's some in-flight entertainment for tonight added - Hammy one was superb BTW.