Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Oh aye and...

2017/18 started with a win at Hampden and on the final day of the same season we return to Hampden again...

It's in the stars Bois it's in the fucking stars!!!

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

Oh aye and...

2017/18 started with a win at Hampden and on the final day of the same season we return to Hampden again...

Are you ok?

Oh aye and...

Why are you being optimistic? I don't like this...

24 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
4 hours ago, MJC said:
Oh aye and...

Why are you being optimistic? I don't like this...

The benefit of a few* Gin & Tonics after an equally few* pints in the Fir Park Club/Club 100 after the game.

*By few I mean several.

But I stand by my words!

Well done Well. Hopefully you can do the business on that sunny day in May.

In other news Cardiff City are looking to make a move for Trevor Carson according to Alan Nixon on Twitter...

£100k reported. Alan Burrows has already laughed it off and said we won't be selling unless we get the right price which is brilliant to hear.

The improvement in our PR in the last year or so has been immense. Time was we were nigh on begging arse end English clubs to offer buttons for our top players then selling them for a pittance at the first offer.

32 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Well done Well. Hopefully you can do the business on that sunny day in May.

In other news Cardiff City are looking to make a move for Trevor Carson according to Alan Nixon on Twitter...

I believe Burrows' quote was "100k wouldnae buy you a glove" :)

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:37, Casagolda said:

Here’s who’s out of contract this summer..

• Griffiths
  • Plummer
  • Dunne
  • Grimshaw
  • Rose
  • Bowman
  • Newell
  • Petravicius

Outside of Dunne, I can’t say I’d be overally disappointed to see any of them leave.

We could actually save a fair bit of money by punting Griffiths, Plummer, Grimshaw and Petravicius for a start. 

You’d have to think he was talking about extending the contracts of some of those who’ve only got a year left. 

Feels right after posting this only 3 days ago to come out and say I thought Rose, Grimshaw and Bowman were all outstanding yesterday.

Rose and Bowman were also outstanding when we bodied Aberdeen 3-0 in the league cup as well, so it wasn't a huge surprise from either of those two and they're definitely the two on that list I swither most about wanting to keep. Happy enough that Bowman has signed for another year though, still think we definitely need to bring in another striker but Bowman has shown this season he can be a good option to have and fits in well with the way we play under Robinson(even if he's never going to be prolific).

As for Grimshaw, I'll admit I was quite happy to have him back as I thought he was decent first time round plus with his pace, work rate, aggression etc I thought he'd fit perfectly into Robinson's style of play. One excellent display at Pittodrie aside though he's been quite poor when I've seen him and been found wanting when called upon. His only real run in the team seemed to coincide with our terrible run of form in December and perhaps that's why we've all pretty much lumped him in the not good enough category. I'll admit to even groaning at seeing his name on the team sheet yesterday but I couldn't have been more wrong, he was excellent throughout and I thoroughly enjoyed him celebrating the victory as he was being subbed off. All the more impressive considering he's hardly kicked a ball in 2018 so far. Not up for handing him a new contract on the back of one display like but he's one that's got a lot to play for between now and the end of the season, trying to earn a new deal and a place in the cup final team.

Also, after yesterday I think @Al B might well be right about Main being top scorer come the seasons end- terrible looking shout by myself. 

Edited by Casagolda

Aye, I kind of feel I should acknowledge Bowman along with the others as well having fired up a couple of essay-tastic posts through the week.

At the risk of sounding like I'm walking back a bit, I've always been very much in the "I like him but..." camp when it comes to big Herbalife. There's no doubt there's a place for him in the squad and games like yesterday show that. It's just always been a case of how he fits in as he's been given chances to step up but it's never really felt that he's made a spot in the starting XI his own but equally 10 goals in 61 games suggests we're going to need other options for goals regardless of his extension.

Nevertheless it was some shift he put in yesterday while both Rose and Grimshaw were also excellent.

On the top scorer shout, his goal yesterday puts Bowman 1 behind Tanner as well. 6 games left to play and 3 fit strikers (given Newell's presumably out for a while with his zygomatic fracture of the cheek) I'd imagine all 3 will be getting decent game time from here on in. Thinking about it there's every chance Scott and/or Alfie could get some minutes.