Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just reading a piece in the daily record that if we win the Scottish cup this year then we'd take a spot in the Europa league off the side that finishes 4th in the league.  Ultimately we need to get to the final first but just goes to show the potential of what could happen when you consider how bad the last couple years have been for us.

4 minutes ago, Del_Superwell said:

Just reading a piece in the daily record that if we win the Scottish cup this year then we'd take a spot in the Europa league off the side that finishes 4th in the league.  Ultimately we need to get to the final first but just goes to show the potential of what could happen when you consider how bad the last couple years have been for us.

That's a really weird way to phrase it, even if it is the case.

They stopped cup losers getting the spot, rather than the other way around.

Hilarious how you overreact to fair comment.  Insecure much? 

I invite the team to review the sound quality they often subject us to.  And I invite them to pass comment in less time it takes to watch an episode of Casualty. 

Both are valid points. 

I invite the team to review the sound quality they often subject us to.  And I invite them to pass comment in less time it takes to watch an episode of Casualty. 

Both are valid points. 

6 hours ago, WellView said:

Both are valid points. 

Posting in the middle of the night (UK time).

I take it you're away on holiday again?  Which holiday home is it this time?

6 hours ago, WellView said:

Both are valid points. 

Firstly, I can't actually find anyone over-reacting but regardless, why would people who have nothing at all to do with the podcast other than listening to it, be insecure? :huh:

OOOOFT! Tanner out for 4 to 6 months with a knee injury.

Craig Tanner to have knee operation

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Craig Tanner faces between four and six months out after picking up a knee injury in training.

The forward, who has nine goals and eight assists to his name this term, will have an operation after an injury to his patella tendon at Dalziel Park yesterday.

“Craig suffered an unfortunate injury through the week,” the manager said.

“It was a freak incident that happened with nobody near him as he tried a cross field pass.

“Sadly for Craig, and for us, we’ll be without him for a few months.

”He’s been an important part of our setup and we’ll give him all the support he needs as he works his way back.”

Everyone at Motherwell FC wishes Craig a speedy recovery.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/03/15/craig-tanner-to-have-knee-operation/

Edited by capt_oats

That doesn't sound good. Who else do we have that could play in that role just behind the strikers - might be worth trying Bigi in there? A different type of player from Tanner but one of the few we have who has the ability to "unlock" a defence.

He's obviously not a direct replacement, but I'd like to see Elliott Frear get some game time as a result of this. 

I've been critical of Cadden of late, but this could be an opportunity to get him into the midfield three (as I assume, going by Robinson's team set-up at the beginning of these season, was the original plan).  The RWB slot isn't working for him.

Carson

Kipré Aldred Dunne

Tait Campbell Cadden McHugh Frear

Ciftci Main

I'd be happy with that going forward.  Speedy recovery to Craig Tanner though.  A real shame, just as he was starting to cement himself in the starting XI.

Ultimately, as much of a blow as this is, this is what squads are for.

Guys like MacLean and Bigirimana, you'd imagine, have been waiting and asking for their chance in the team, now that Tanner is out, it's entirely down to them to step up and show they're capable in there.