Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It was a tweet a few weeks ago of a screenshotted conversation from one of our u20s- think it was one of the Northern Irish boys- trying, unsuccessfully, to get fired into multiple lassies by telling them he played for Motherwell and, therefore, wasn't a weirdo.  It's since became a meme on Scottish Twitter.

I wish I didn't know all this.

ETA- turns it's not even really one our u20s, but a fictional creation using pictures of Johnny Evan's brother. I'm in far too deep.

And here's the original Tweet (I think).

That's Jack McMillan left to sign for Livingston permanently.

He was contracted up to summer 2019 but that seems like the right move for him tbqh. We've "protected" our interests with a "sizeable sell-on clause"

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/01/19/jack-mcmillan-leaves-for-livi/

Edited by capt_oats

Good wee feature on Ciftci at Vice Sports if you want to whack a google translate on it.

https://vicesports.nl/van-manchester-city-tot-motherwell-de-carriere-van-hagenees-nadir-ciftci/

He referenced the influence Hinchcliffe and Robinson had on him coming to Fir Park the other day in his press conference. Also interesting to see him mention Lasley too.

Edited by capt_oats

On 13/01/2018 at 15:30, capt_oats said:

Edit to add: having just watched a wee bit of footage from the bounce game on the Östersunds FK YouTube it looks like Plummer was at LWB for a bit. Given he was signed quite quickly after Hammell picked up his injury at the start of the season I wouldn't be completely surprised if he was to feature a bit more.

Was in the paper this morning that he apparently broke his leg over in Tenerife and is now out for the rest of the season, which the club seem to have kept surprisingly quiet.    

So I imagine those that saw his extra time cameo in Dingwall will have witnessed his first and last appearance in a Motherwell strip.

Was in the paper this morning that he apparently broke his leg over in Tenerife and is now out for the rest of the season, which the club seem to have kept surprisingly quiet.    
So I imagine those that saw his extra time cameo in Dingwall will have witnessed his first and last appearance in a Motherwell strip.

Oooooft! That's brutal for him. Definitely surprised that the club have kept it as quiet as they have. The only mention is a footnote at the end of an article about Ciftci and Main.

Fwiw: I saw him a handful of times for the u20s including the Challenge Cup game against Queens Park and he always seemed a decent option. Maybe not enough to warrant an automatic first team pick but quick, physical and read the game very well.

As you say, if that's him for the season I'd imagine that's him done at FP.

I wonder if we're in the market to replace him then or if we'll just run with Maguire and Livingstone as cover?

Why not leave Hammy registered as a player until the end of the season as emergency cover also -  I know his new role will mean he can't be a full time player but it could be a sensible option along with the young boys. 

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

Why not leave Hammy registered as a player until the end of the season as emergency cover also -  I know his new role will mean he can't be a full time player but it could be a sensible option along with the young boys. 

He's done nothing all season. Some folk laud him for his decent few minutes v Aberdeen in the cup. The whole team were all over Aberdeen that night, making him look good.  The man has been past it for a while, and there goes the last of the lunatic contracts of 2016 which nearly got us relegated. Maybe you should also figure that he knows he's past it, hence why he announced retirement. 

49 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Oooooft! That's brutal for him. Definitely surprised that the club have kept it as quiet as they have. The only mention is a footnote at the end of an article about Ciftci and Main.

Fwiw: I saw him a handful of times for the u20s including the Challenge Cup game against Queens Park and he always seemed a decent option. Maybe not enough to warrant an automatic first team pick but quick, physical and read the game very well.

As you say, if that's him for the season I'd imagine that's him done at FP.

I wonder if we're in the market to replace him then or if we'll just run with Maguire and Livingstone as cover?

Less impact than Jacob Blyth, and that's going some.  All the best to him and his recovery, but he's getting the MFC Passenger of the Year award, 2018.