Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Aye. The last I had saw we were supposedly staying in Scotland. Seems like it was a pretty late decision. In truth we seemed to benefit from heading over to Ireland in pre-season so I'd hope this might actually be quite beneficial in terms of getting heads knocked together and sorting our shit out.

Yep - I think if we can get some good training on grass as opposed to artificial then it's worthwhile in itself - and if they got a last minute deal off the teletext, then even better...

If it gives us a chance to reset everything and get started again, I'm all for it..

Yep - I think if we can get some good training on grass as opposed to artificial then it's worthwhile in itself - and if they got a last minute deal off the teletext, then even better...

Booked it,packed it, fucked off.

Interesting that he is going with "Nadir" on the back of the shirt and not Ciftci, maybe a subtle reference to the way his career is going?  His last name has also give Plymouth a chance to run this fairly cringe-worthy pun on their website

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/january/alls-well-that-ends-well/

f**k knows why but I've actually got a really good feeling about this. It's maybe just my natural inclination towards foreign cult heros that happen to be mad b*****ds.  I do genuinely think there's a quality player in there somewhere though. Our system relies on the main forward player having the ability to be a bit special and Ciftci definitely has that in his locker, somewhere...

There's yer Alan Burrows on the Twitter saying we're looking to add more players "at the back & up top"...

re: Ciftci, watching the highlights packages from his seasons at United when he was playing week in, week out he was (at times) unplayable. He seems like the sort of player who needs to be playing regularly and be told he's the main guy. That'll happen at Fir Park. Less so Parkhead.

Srsly tho...Ciftci and Hartley in the same side with Allan Campbell bodying anything that moves in the middle of the park. Yes please.

Edit: the website's back working. Seems this is the 3rd time we've been in for him in the past year. Last January we knew about but it seems we were in for him in the summer too.

The signing of Çiftçi, who will wear shirt number 23, is third time lucky for the Steelmen, having came close to securing his signature on two previous occasions.
“Last January it was in the last minutes of the transfer window and it just didn’t go through because of paperwork. Then in the summer, it was a bit different as well.
“Now it is the third time and when the chance came, I just grabbed it and now I am here thankfully.”

Edited by capt_oats

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

f**k knows why but I've actually got a really good feeling about this. It's maybe just my natural inclination towards foreign cult heros that happen to be mad b*****ds.  I do genuinely think there's a quality player in there somewhere though. Our system relies on the main forward player having the ability to be a bit special and Ciftci definitely has that in his locker, somewhere...

Same.

I've always thought he's come across as a guy that wants a bit of glory, so let's do that. Happy to be dug out in six months, but I think he'll do grand for us.

Pretty happy with that.

Thought he came across quite well in his interview, like a few others I have a feeling he could do quite well here. 

Something had to be done anyway as our forward line was terribly predictable and lacking in quality once Moult was finished. The likes of Fisher and Bowman were found wanting when it came to taking over from Moult and neither looked cut out for being the main man up front. Ciftci is certainly someone that has the ability to take up that mantle though, if he’s up for it that is. 

If we are indeed going to be bringing in even more forwards then surely we’ll start to see some of Fisher, Bowman, Petravicius etc moved on? We can’t possibly afford to go full Baraclough and have about 7 strikers on the books again.